RSSRadio is an advanced Podcast playback app, available on the App Store since 2010.
RSSRadio pioneered many features that are commonplace today and continues to evolve. It's my baby, I hope you give it a try (DJB, Author)
(RSSRadio® has ads, you can remove the ads with a simple one-time in app purchase.)
• Silence remover for downloaded audio podcasts, saves hours per week for the average listener without affecting sound quality
• Clearer audio with equaliser, compressor / limiter and volume boosting DSP effects (on video, streaming and downloads)
• Keep multiple devices in Sync with iCloud
• Organise your listening by categories
• Server side refreshing and push notifications
• RSSRadio is carefully developed and tuned to be nice to your battery
• Download or stream any size show over WiFi or 3G
• Fully supports password protected podcasts, including 1Password support
• Built in sleep timer
• Light / Dark UI themes
• Play only the audio part of videos, if you like
• Extensive directory of Podcasts, search for shows by keyword, category, view the top podcasts or enter a URL manually
• Find new shows from RSSRadio’s users listening patterns. RSSRadio can suggest shows you might like based on your existing subscriptions. •• opt out available, your data is anonymous
RSSRadio is free, with some limits. Try it now.
"RSSRadio® mobile is a very solid offering in the podcast app space. The app is very stable and offers some nice features" - AppAdvice.com
"I have found that RSSRadio® is one of the fastest podcasting apps when it comes to managing feeds and downloading episodes. At the moment, no other app has been able to match it when it comes to managing those basic tasks." - Geoffrey Goetz "Podcasting 101"
"RSSRadio7 is the perfect option for a beginning podcaster." - Emily. C. Gardener / gretchenlouise.com
If you have bug reports or suggestions, these are very welcome at email@example.com, I answer all emails.
RSSRadio® is a registered trademark of Dorada App Software Ltd
Thanks for those of you who have rated RSSRadio on the App Store, this is a big help and encouragement. To those who haven't yet done so, I hope you will find time soon.
Thanks to the beta testers for their invaluable feedback.
* Blue badges might not have been updating if you have only manual download shows in a category
* The “you are out of iCloud storage” warning is much more aggressive - RSSRadio won’t work right in this state
* Added some images on the show actions sheets
* The number of archived shows kept in the database will be limited
* Fixed some podcasts giving !RSS!
* Bug fixes
* Added long press context menus for shows
* Reduce memory usage / excessive spotlight indexing
* Filters in subscription detail view will stick on
* Bug fixes
5.0.5 / 5.0.6
* Welcome iOS12 users!
* improved restoring from a backup
* Fix issue where an iCloud restore might happen before you gave permission
* Fix issue where Google Cast support might not appear to be working
* Pausing downloads and turning on filters changes the buttons so its more obvious how to switch things back
* Titles on podcast and show description headings are links, if available
* Added some logging for a layout bug
* Updated localisations
* Fix some issues with headphone controls
* Resolved an issue where the app might not receive new show pushes from the server
* If the app can’t get the subscription for you to purchase, it will give a sensible message and not crash
* Subscription expiry date shown in settings
* Fix crash when sharing
* Improve refresh performance
* Fix an issue where an unsubscribed podcast could appear on the podcasts page
* Cloud Sync status will show more than 100 subscriptions if you have them
* Fix issue with AirPods skipping 30 secs forward
* Address performance issues with large databases
* Fix crash in subscription details (credit Chris)
* Don’t allow cookies when fetching RSS
* Improve logging for iCloud restore
* Improve other iCloud logging
* Explicitly tell the user they cannot iCloud restore in low power mode
* Fix people getting mixed light / dark themes
* Fix discount code overlapping subscription expiry date
This release addresses technical debt and updates RSSRadio to use modern api’s. It also resolves some long standing usability issues.
* Replaced the remove ads app purchase with a subscription. Existing paid users are grandfathered in and will see no ads but can subscribe if they want.
* Rewrote the feed refreshing engine
* Rewrote the CloudKit sync
* Cloud sync is always on
* Rewrote the show artwork handling
* Podcast settings can just automatically mirror the default settings
* Removed many less used and troublesome options
* Removed the widget
* Play podcasts on RSSRadio using Siri. “Hey Siri, Play Stuff You Should Know on RSS”
* Watch app has been removed, it will be replaced by one with standalone playback at a later date
* Follows the system dark or light theme
* New icon
* New tint color
* Archiving is no longer a thing, it’s handled automatically for you
* Unlistened has become called Unplayed
* Playlists tab is now just called Categories
Ratings and Reviews
Simple, easy and functional
Delighted with this app ... download ASAP
- Dorada App Software Ltd
- 18.4 MB
Requires iOS 12.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © (c) Dorada Software Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- RSSRadio €2.49
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.