Bring 3D models to life on iPad or iPhone using SketchUp Viewer. Navigate and present your own SketchUp projects, or explore the millions of free models in 3D Warehouse for FREE! That’s right, SketchUp Viewer is a FREE app (sign-in required)!
Explore, present, and communicate in 3D. Here’s how:
• Open or download models directly from 3D Warehouse or Trimble Connect. You can also open models using the iOS ‘Open In’ feature, for example when opening .SKP files sent as email attachments.
• SketchUp Viewer supports Apple’s Files app, making it easy to open models from Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud and other file storage apps.
• Augmented reality (AR) viewing features enable you to experience your 3D models by merging them with the world around you. AR model viewing features are available for all SketchUp Shop, SketchUp Pro and SketchUp Studio subscribers (also available via in-app purchase. $9.99 USD/yr.)
• With the Select tool and Entity Info panel you are able to get information about edge lengths, the area of faces, volume of solids, and component and group definitions.
• Navigate using multi-touch gestures for orbiting, panning and zooming.
• Choose to view your projects from any of the standard views or Scenes that you may have created up in SketchUp’s desktop and web modelers.*
• Switch between perspective and orthographic cameras for production and architectural drawings.
• Take measurements using the Tape Measure tool and adjust unit preferences to see measurements, dimension strings and Entity Info in the units of your choice.
• Turn layers on or off to control the visibility of parts of your model.
• Control the look and feel of your model by adjusting Edge and Face styles, including X-ray mode, along with toggles to control the visibility of Shadows, Hidden Geometry, Section Planes, Section Cuts, Axes, and Watermarks.
• Move existing section planes to get just the right interior view of models, or visualize important elevation and plan views.
*The app supports the following scene properties: Camera location and properties, Hidden Geometry, Visible Layers, Active Section Planes, Standard Edge Styles, Face Styles, Background/Sky/Ground Style settings, Watermarks and Axes Location.
For information and instructions, please visit: http://help.sketchup.com/en/mobile-viewer
This app is recommended for iPhone/iPad devices running iOS 11 or higher with a minimum of 1024Mb of RAM (Retina iPads or newer, iPhone 5 or newer).
The AR feature uses ARKit and is compatible with iPhone 6s and newer, iPad Pro, or any 2017 iPad or newer, running iOS 11 or later.
SketchUp Viewer offers premium, AR model viewing via in-app subscription at a price of $9.99 USD per year. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before your subscription expiration date. Your account will be charged $9.99 USD for renewal within 24-hours prior to your subscription expiration date. You can manage your subscriptions at any time, and/or turn off auto-renewal, by visiting your Account Settings after your initial purchase is complete.
For version 5.4, we have updated the app to support SketchUp v2020 files.
5.4 also includes a few other misc bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A shockingly useless app
With the advancements made in 3D modelling apps (UMake, Shapr3D etc), SketchUp, as you’d expect since the Trimble buyout, has kept up its usual low-standard output and given us an app that’s less SketchUp-On-The-Go but more of a reminder that this is a company that will take, take, take and give nothing in return. With Photoshop, ClipStudio and the 3D apps mentioned above arriving on iOS, would it be hard for a multi-million corporation whose annual revenue last year was$3BN to produce something to the same standard and allow us to make and edit files on the go? Obviously not. But given Trimble’s new subscription service only exists to inhale money and do nothing to improve the app during the year, the idea that they’d do something interesting with this is, honestly, laughable and really, my mistake
Doesn't display dimensions - completely pointless
Utterly wasted money. This app does not display dimensions - an omission on the developer's part that has made the app entirely redundant to a professional user like me (joiner/furniture-maker).
I feel cheated and would have appreciated a clearer warning of this restriction in the product description.
Great way to use you project drawings whenever, wherever, you want to view them.
- Trimble Inc.
- 228.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Trimble Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- AR Model Viewing €9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.