Take control of your banking. Our app makes your day-to-day banking easy, quick and secure.
It’s available to customers aged 11+ with compatible iOS and a ROI or international mobile number in specific countries.
Please note that the app contains images when logging in, that may cause a reaction in individuals who are photosensitive. You can however switch these off for your device by visiting the ‘settings’ menu and the ‘accessibility’ menu where you will be able to find animation control settings within this menu (note this is not within our app but on your devices settings itself).
Keep track of your money
From being able to quickly check your account balances and transactions, to moving money between accounts, sending money securely to others and paying someone new up to €1000 without a card reader or getting cash from an ATM without your debit card, our app gives you greater control of your finances.
You can manage your bills easily and check the details of standing orders. If you need a hand with anything, our Secure Messaging tool lets you to contact us in-app for any extra help.
You’re protected by our secure banking promise
With our app you’re covered by our secure banking promise, which makes it one of the safest ways to bank. We monitor your account 24/7 for unusual activity and will refund any money paid out of your account as long as you keep your security information safe.
You can log in to the app safely with Touch ID, Face ID or secure passcode and there is always a confirmation check to make sure you’re paying the right person or business.
Apply for new accounts to suit your life
• Apply directly for a current account from the Ulster Bank app (account eligibility criteria apply)
• Open and manage a savings account (account eligibility criteria apply)
• Apply for a lending product directly in the app (aged 18+ eligibility criteria apply)
Managing your money couldn’t be easier with our smart tools
• Manage your spending and set budgets
• Lock and unlock your debit and credit cards
• Set travel plans
• Set savings goals directly in the app
• Add your loyalty cards directly to your app
Important information you need
• There is a maximum of 5 payments totalling €1000 per day. You must be aged 16 or over.
• Get Cash - Withdraw up to €130 every 24 hours at our branded ATMs. You must have at least €10 available in your account and an active debit card (locked or unlocked).
• Touch ID or Face ID are available on selected devices.
• Spending - You must be aged 16+. Only available for Personal and Premier Current accounts.
• Lock and unlock MasterCard credit cards only
• You can create one Travel Plan at a time, for a maximum period of 90 days, that includes up to seven countries. Each country needs to be registered separately. The Travel Plan will apply to debit cards only, attached to accounts that are managed via mobile banking, and only in your name. Joint account holders should register separately.
• Savings goal available on instant access savings accounts.
• My Loyalty Cards is available to customers aged 18+.
Please make sure you accept the following permissions before starting:
• Allow the app to communicate through your network
• To find your nearest cash machine or branch, you'll need to let the app find your location
• To 'Pay Your Contacts', the app will need access to your contacts list
• If you have push notifications enabled, we have switched on Debit Card Transaction Notifications for you.
Ratings and Reviews
A great app
As a visually impaired aired user of this app, I have found it to be great. I have just recently left another bank and it’s app behind me because it wasn’t user friendly towards visually impaired, I ED touch for fingerprint is absolutely brilliant.
The only downside I can make out so far, is is there a problem if I was to upgrade my iPhone to 8 and above as I have been reading in some reviews.
The only other little thing, big thing to me, is on my prior up with another bank I could top up my mobile from the app, again as a usual visually impaired person, this would be a great addition to this app, otherwise excellent and I would have given it 5
Way to go
Just started using this app it’s ok. Also I use Novo Banco app in Portugal. Far more facilities on NB, State payments, council tax, car road tax. Also paying bills are a doddle, just scan the payment details and then just authorise the payment (no chance of mistyping the details)
Having said that Portugal seems to have got a universal standard for the format of bills etc., which we don’t have here.
But I like UlsterbankRI app and hope more facilities are added.
What I would like is the ability to pause cards when not in use, and to resume them just temporary prior to use, as a safeguard to losing my wallet.
Excellent banking app, the best I’ve used.
I came from Bank of Ireland to Ulster Bank
early this year. I’d been with BOI since 1993 and their online banking app was always clunky and hard to get into. Multiple attempts at entering password and pin needed, and BOI never really changed the format or modernised or made it any easier, no Touch ID support either. So I changed job this year and moved my account to UB and was immediately impressed at the way their app is up with the times. Supports Touch ID and all info is easy and quick to access.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- NatWest Group plc
- 182 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © National Westminster Bank plc
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.