New customers in the UK enjoy £0 Fee* on their first transfer and our best FX rate* on cash pickup. *FX gains apply.
The Western Union® money transfer app lets you send money fast for cash pick up, to a bank account, or a mobile wallet. Transfer money abroad and pay with your credit card, debit card or bank account.
Western Union Features:
- Send money from home to more than 200 countries and territories around the world
- Quick resend to your favourite receivers
- Estimate prices and check our exchange rates and fees quickly
- Track a Western Union international money transfer
- Update the delivery method from cash pick-up to bank account whether you are the sender or receiver
- Find your nearest Western Union® agent around the world
- View your money transfer history
- Receive notification of Western Union offers
- Touch ID security
Send money quickly and easily on your mobile:
1. Create a Western Union profile or log in
2. Select the country to send money to
3. Choose how much money to send
4. Select how your receiver will get it (cash pick-up, bank account, or mobile wallet)
5. Choose how to pay (credit card, debit card, bank transfer, or cash at a Western Union agent)
6. Add the receiver's details (e.g. bank account details)
7. Review, confirm, send, and track your money transfer
Western Union international money transfers from home to over 200 countries and territories, including:
Bangladesh (BDT), India (INR), Pakistan (PKR), Sri Lanka (SLR), Australia (AUD), China (CNY), Indonesia (IDR), Philippines (PHP), Thailand (THB), Albania (ALL), Bulgaria (BGN), France (EUR), Germany (EUR), Greece (EUR), Italy (EUR), Poland (PLN), Portugal (EUR), Romania (RON), Russia (RUB), Spain (EUR), Turkey (TRY), UK (GBP), Ukraine (UAH), DRC (CDF), Egypt (EGP), Gambia (GMD), Ghana (GHS), Kenya (KES), Lebanon (LBP), Morocco (MAD), Nigeria (NGN), South Africa (ZAR), Tunisia (TND), UAE (AED), Uganda (UGX), Zambia (ZMW), Zimbabwe (ZWD), Argentina (ARS), Colombia (COP), Canada (CAD), Jamaica (JMD), and the USA (USD).
Legal Disclaimer: Transfer limits, fees, and delivery times for sending money may vary based on the transaction history, sender’s/receiver’s country, payment method and send/delivery method. Western Union also makes money from currency exchange. Please, read Terms and Conditions and Privacy Statement before downloading the app:
1. Funds may be delayed or services unavailable based on certain transaction conditions, including amount sent, destination country, currency availability, regulatory issues, identification requirements, Agent location hours, differences in time zones, or selection of delayed options. Additional Restrictions may apply. See terms for details.
2. Western Union also makes money from currency exchange. When choosing a money transmitter, carefully compare both transfer fees and exchange rates. Fees, foreign exchange rates and taxes may vary by brand, channel, and location based on a number of factors. Fees and rates subject to change without notice.
3. Funds will be paid to receiver’s mWallet account provider for credit to account tied to receiver’s mobile number. Additional third-party charges may apply, including SMS and account over-limit and cash-out fees. Funds availability subject to terms and conditions of service. See Mobile Form for Restrictions.
Send money day or night with our app. International money transfers to 200+ countries and territories. Send money to bank accounts, mobile wallets or for cash pick-up (availability varies by country).
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Anytime you are to send money it tells that the information has been updated with an email it does not really stay updated. Some of the check box or questions are not noticeable until you scroll downward and if this is missed it gives error message and probably the money has been taken of the card used and transfer is not complete.
Because of western union I’ve had 4 days of uncertainty and unexpected added expense due to a “technical difficulty” in certifying my identification. 7 times over 4 days I had to call customer care to get any information about what was happening. Each time I was told there was no certain timeframe when the technical difficulty would be resolved and that my case has been escalated. I was told to wait on a confirmation email which never came for 4 days. Eventually I was advised by a customer care agent to get a refund and that it would be back in my account within 30 minutes. This morning I woke up to an email saying that the transaction was complete and ready for pick-up, yet in the app the transfer says it has been refunded. I called customer care up for the 8th time this morning and they said that the transfer had been cancelled and will now take up to 7 business days to be refunded. I’m trying to do a transfer that would usually take minutes, I’ve now had a large amount of money being held my western union from me for what could be 11 days. I will never use western union again, if you have a problem with them they have no clear instructions in how to help.
Developer Response ,
We are very sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate you bringing it to our attention. Western Union is committed to delivering the highest quality of service to all of our customers, so we’d like to learn a little bit more about this incident. To investigate your concern further, please follow this link: https://www.westernunion.com/us/en/legal/file-complaint.html
Actually i was surprised that everything went smoothly but it DID, so no complaints, definitely using it every time
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Contact Info
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Western Union Company
- 171.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Western Union Holdings, Inc.