WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, email chat history, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
• You can now see stickers in full size when you long press a notification.
Ratings and Reviews
I’m working in healthcare and found that WhatsApp is over use as a mean of convenience communication between healthcare professional who also use WhatsApp for sharing pictures. There will always been this grey area of confidentiality that will be breached as in spite being an encrypted platform of communication, data shared via WhatsApp, are not controlled and always at risk of ending in uncontrolled users. As an observation, I would suggest WhatsApp to ask at registration process, to ask first, what field of profession the user working in and to have shared pictures disabled and having a short life lived within the chat and not to be automatically downloaded into the photo album of a phone to avoid to be reshared to other party who don’t need to see the content of these pictures. It is unfortunately becoming a cyber platform of criminal activity where for example patient data can be used to offer healthcare to become someone’s identity and benefits from fraudulent care.
Just a thought.
Microphone not working
From last few days my microphone is not working just on WhatsApp when call is put on loudspeaker and obviously unable to handle video call due to this issue. All other apps works perfectly without any issue of microphone on normal calls and video calls and loudspeaker activated calls. Tried deleting and reinstalling Whatsapp. Didn’t fix it still. Please find a solution for this apart from this Whatsaap is a user friendly app that’s is able to deal most of my calls, messages and data transfer. So am still giving 5 stars
Really good but
I always use WhatsApp. I think it is really good but I think that u should be able to add more than 4 people I think you should be able to add 6 maybe as I can only add some of my friends.
It’s good anyway but I just think people would be very happy if you were able to have 6 people in a call as I certainly would be very happy if you could do that. I really hope you read this and apply this change to it. I’m looking forward to seeing if you do change it 😀
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 155.2 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 WhatsApp Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.