Join the thousands of people across the world that are earning City Coins and being rewarded for eating local, buying local, shopping local and living local! Colu is a free mobile payment app that rewards people for supporting their local economy.
Whether you’re shopping for your weekly groceries, drinking cocktails with friends or searching for fun new restaurants in your city, Colu is a fast, easy, safe and friendly way for you to pay instantly from your mobile phone packed with a huge incentive. Simply tap to pay whilst leaving your cash at home.
Earn local City Coins and spend them at merchants across the cities when you opt in to ethical and sustainable projects like reducing your use of plastic or making sure you ride the bus to work and cutting down your carbon emissions, which is a real benefit for all!
Get more out of your seamless mobile payments experience and discover even more in your city with the user friendly Colu app.
The Colu mobile app currently operates in four cities including Tel Aviv and Haifa in Israel and Liverpool and Belfast in the UK. The latest city to embrace Colu is the city of Belfast where users of the app are rewarded in Belfast City Coins. The Colu app currently empowers more than 200,000 people to make transactions at several thousands of local businesses, accounting for over 300,000 monthly transactions.
Pay with Colu at thousands of local businesses in Belfast, Tel Aviv, Haifa and Liverpool where you can earn local City Coins and spend them at participating merchants across the cities.
- Search for top-rated restaurants near you using your postcode or current GPS
- Filter by cuisine, distance and special offers to find the perfect store to match your need with our quick and clean interface
- Easily top up your app using your debit and credit card
- We’ll remember your preferred payment details so you can pay next time with the tap of a button
- You’ll be given the opportunity to opt in to ethical and sustainable projects happening in your local area
- Can be used on both Wi-Fi & Mobile Data
- Seamless ‘pay as you go’ feature to pay without topping up your app
- City Coins are waiting in your wallet when you download the Colu app
- Earn City Coins for shopping at locally owned businesses and boost your local economy
- Earn City Coins when you participate in ethical and sustainable incentives, including recycling and various community projects
- Save on lots of exclusive deals that are featured on the app
- Discover and support locally owned and independent businesses in your city
- Leave your wallet and cash at home and feel good
- Pay easily, fast and securely from your mobile phone
CITIES CURRENTLY SUPPORTED:
- Tel Aviv
What are you waiting for? Discover the perks of Colu for yourself and reclaim what is yours. Your local economy is waiting for you!
Bug fixes and UI enhancements to give you the best experience.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I like the concept of encouraging local consumption. Just a development request: please provide a button to log out of the app. It’s a security issue, as this is still valuable currency that may be more vulnerable to theft when the app is always logged in.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thanks for the kind words, regarding your request, are you familiar with an option of setting a PIN code to your Colu app? As of a few months ago, you can add extra security layer for your Colu app, by adding a PIN code from the settings menu.
I love this app because through it I have discovered places in my neighbourhood. Also, I love supporting local businesses- trying to avoid the big chain stores.
Of course I’m enjoying the 10% discounts on everything I buy- it’s the reason I joined.
Recently I had an issue with my credit card, I contacted them and received help and a solution in a timely manner.
Hopefully it will continue to grow. Every time I enter a shop or caffe I ask- do you accept Colu?
Developer Response ,
Hi Zohar, thank you so much for your kind feedback!
This app is great for when I’m going back from school but don’t have my wallet with me, but I still want something to eat. Great user experience as well, and I am very happy to see that more and more businesses are supporting the service.
Developer Response ,
Thank you Michaell :)
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.