Now available for your iPhone as well as the iPad
British history brought vividly to life in the first official Kings and Queens app from Royal Collection Trust. Telling the story of the British monarchy from William the Conqueror to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, this is an ideal starting-point for anyone aged 11 and above with an interest in the the Royal Family, royal history and the line of succession.
With animated historic portraits taken from the Royal Collection, discover how kings and queens have risen and fallen across the centuries, defining the course of British royal history and the shape of the monarchy as it exists today.
With the app you can:
- Navigate through the family tree or the animated portrait wall
- Zoom into high resolution printed, painted and photographic works from the Royal Collection
- Enjoy animations bringing to life historic portraits
- Test your royal knowledge with the quizzes
- Download worksheets on every King or Queens for home or classroom use
- Find all the Royal Family with quick look-up lists and keyword search
- Immerse yourself in the clean and elegant design
Optimised for iPhone 5 or later. Retina iPads: iPad 3 or later, iPad Air or later, iPad Mini 2 or later.
Designed for the iPhone and iPad by Aimer Media, in partnership with Royal Collection Trust, and with animations from Cognitive Media, this app allows readers to navigate across the centuries and explore the links between monarchs from the Normans to the Windsors.
Royal Collection Trust is responsible for the care of the Royal Collection and manages the public opening of the official residences of The Queen. Income generated from admissions and from associated commercial activities contributes directly to the Royal Collection Trust, a registered charity. The aims of the Trust are the care and conservation of the Royal Collection, and the promotion of access and enjoyment through exhibitions, publications, loans and educational programmes. Royal Collection Trust’s work is undertaken without public funding of any kind.
- Updated question text
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.