Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
CREATE MEMORABLE MULTI-MEDIA NOTES
• Work with a variety of note-taking, journaling, and drawing tools like ink, highlighter, text, and audio.
• Explore endless ideas with continuous page scroll.
• Mark up imported textbooks, documents, lecture slides, class assignments, and images.
• Add photos, GIFs, web pages, and more.
STAY ORGANIZED, PAPER-FREE
• Always keep your notes with you, without the weight, the hassle or the paper waste.
• Group notes with customizable subjects and dividers.
• Quickly search handwriting*, typed text, PDF text, image text, and note titles.
• Secure notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH NATURALLY
• Ink is fine-tuned for the Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
• Create custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Precisely erase freehand ink or shapes with varied brush sizes.
• Easily create perfect shapes.
• Quickly switch between ink or eraser styles with the Favorites Toolbar.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Replay audio recordings and tap anywhere on your note to hear what was said at that moment.
SHARE IDEAS IN PRESENTATION MODE
• Present ideas in full screen without distracting toolbars when connected to an external display.
• Engage an audience with all of Notability's tools including a Laser Pointer.
DO MORE WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes and Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, etc.
• Full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, custom fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so information stays private.
• Easily create searchable multi-page PDFs using the built-in Document Scanner.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability across iPad, iPhone, and Mac.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
Customize your note-taking experience in the Notability Shop! Explore an exciting array of content available for purchase:
• *Handwriting Conversion and Search (included with Edu VPP)
• Daily Planner
• Stickers, themes, and more!
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
*** What's new in 10.6 ***
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
We rely on this sleek, powerful note-taker to annotate documents, record lectures, sketch illustrations, and more. With built-in iCloud support, it’s perfect for keeping notes, documents, and doodles up to date on both iPhone and iPad.
Love this app..
I really enjoy taking notes with this app, real simple and the tools are great.. but I do have some requests:
1. Please add right to left support for languages such as Hebrew, and more beautiful fonts to that language.. personally I don't mind if it is not hand to type just need the Hebrew support..
2. If you could create more efficient file system like more than just dividers and subjects maybe even a folder that would awesome cause I have a lot of divider that could easily enter into a folder and making the app more clean and easy to organize.
Beside that again great app and thank you..
Recently I downloaded GoodNotes 5 and I have to say I prefer to write on notability but I can't use this amazing app because of I need to use folders, notebooks, flash cards, and not subjects and dividers it's so disappointing because I really prefer to use notability.. so my point is please create a better way to organize our files... GoodNotes does it great and it is really is the only reason I work on their app, need to organize my notebooks.
Good app, but
This app is very flowing and has a really nice feel, but some essentials are missing.
1. Easier basic shape option, the app has the ‘add figure’ option which is really not comfortable using, and it has a solid background that hides the paper type, making precise drawing not possible. Instead the app should have a tab with a few basic shapes (circle ellipse arrows etc) that can be quickly drawn on the paper without hiding the background, like notes plus for example.
2. A precise eraser option, the current eraser is one size and it erase the entire line you drew, even if just touch it slightly, most of the time it’s a nice feature, but sometimes you need to make a small fix and you can’t do that because of the way the eraser works.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 192.9 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2020
- In-App Purchases
- Feel Good Journal ₪0.00
- Math Recognition ₪10.90
- Back to School Basics Pack ₪0.00
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.