Spect is a very fast image browser and organizer for those folders full of miscellaneous images you keep on your Mac!
• Quickly open folders containing thousands of images, even from a network drive.
• Use your existing filesystem storage; no importing, no separate catalog or library files.
• Browse just top-level folders, or deep scan into sub-folders.
• Prune images you no longer want with marquee selection and delete.
• Slideshow and shuffled slideshow.
• Drag and drop images.
• A fast, native Mac app built with Cocoa technologies!
• Animated GIFs now play when viewed in full size view.
• Toolbar is no longer automatically hidden when entering full screen. It can still be hidden manually.
• "Copy Filename Only" menu item is now also available in full size view.
• Pressing left or right arrow keys during shuffled slideshow will now follow slideshow order instead of thumbnail sort order.
• Pressing the space bar while a slideshow is running will now pause and unpause the slideshow instead of returning to thumbnails.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not a replacement for image viewer
This is purely an image browser. It's fast, but it doesn't integrate with Finder and doesn't handle file associations. That is, you can't click an image and open it in Spect (even if you create an association manually). To use the app you should open the app first, and then browse to the folder you need from it.
I should say that it's pretty convenient as an image browser. Once you get to the folder, viewing is fast. Unfortunately, since it doesn't work with Finder, it's a pretty useless purchase for me.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.