The easiest and fastest way to permanently burn hardcoded subtitles to your movies and tv-shows.
With Submerge you can easily add hardcoded subtitles to your movies and tv-shows. The subtitled movie will play on almost anything, like your computer, smartphone, portable device or game console. Submerge supports many text-based subtitle formats as input and you can export the subtitled movie for the most common devices in just one click. Now with a batch exporting feature as well. Submerge also has a built-in subtitle search tool that makes finding and downloading the right subtitles a breeze. It also has a fullscreen player built-in, so you can watch the subtitled movie directly within Submerge.
- Add hardcoded subtitles to almost any video file without the need for extra system extensions or plug-ins.
- Automatically loads and displays embedded subtitles or subtitles from external files.
- Support for many subtitle formats like srt, sub, itt, stl ass/ssa and vtt.
- Supports styling tags in subtitle files like italic, bold underlined and font color.
- Supports cue settings in WebVTT files to handle the position and alignment of the subtitles.
- Fully customizable subtitle display (font, size, color, shadows, etc).
- Automatically finds metadata online to tag your movie.
- Detailed movie inspector for all those nitty gritty details.
- Many export presets built-in for poplar devices.
- Batch export queue built right in.
- FFmpeg encoding for fastest possible exports.
- Force aspect ratio to 16:9, 4:3 or 3:2 to use your monitor space more efficiently.
- Fullscreen player built-in (of course).
- Support for macOS Mojave and Catalina Dark Mode.
- 64-bit native.
NOTE! Submerge cannot add hardcoded subtitles to movies or tv-shows purchased or rented in the iTunes store due to DRM protection.
What's new in Submerge 3
- Re-written from the ground up using modern OS X technologies.
- Doesn't depend on QuickTime.
- No need for extra system extensions or plug-ins to open and add subtitles to your movies.
- 64-bit native.
- Batch export queue.
- Exports into more formats like AVI and WebM.
- Improved the built-in subtitle search engine. Really easy to use.
- Metadata tagging for iTunes and iDevices. Artwork as well.
- Support for more than two subtitles lines and smarter wrapping.
- Optional "Title Safe Area" for old TV sets and professionals.
- Finally works on macOS Catalina. Phew! No more black movies with subtitles only :-)
- Removed some legacy export presets.
Ratings and Reviews
- Bitfield AB
- 20.7 MB
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2019 Bitfield AB
- In-App Purchases
- ProRes and MPEG-2 export ₪35.90
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.