DISCLAIMER: THIS IS WHERE WE PUT THE EMBARRASSING GIBBERISH THAT'S ONLY FOR ASO.
Discover daily mindfulness and meditation with Sam Harris—neuroscientist, philosopher, and best-selling author—and explore the theory behind meditation practice. Daily guided meditation sessions, lessons on zen, the stoic path, on-demand mindfulness sessions, as well as a practice timer will build your understanding, balance your mind, make your practice shine, and help turn meditation into a new habit. For inquiring and curious minds, learn the related science, philosophy, and ethics in short audio lessons with Sam and through his extended conversations with other influential meditation teachers, scientists, and scholars.
4 REASONS TO DOWNLOAD WAKING UP:
- Guided meditation practice to take you deeper: You can reduce stress, sleep better, and improve your relationships, but the real purpose of meditation is to understand yourself and realize you are not your thoughts.
- Theory to help you understand mindfulness: Explore the theory behind meditation practice, including over 400 lessons and conversations on nonduality, enlightenment, zen, stoicism, Dzogchen, Advaita, and more.
- Daily mindfulness reminders: Listen to short audio reflections from Sam Harris to help you stay present in your daily life.
- Free meditation trial for 7 days: Learn how to meditate, listen to lessons and conversations with mindfulness teachers, and build your meditation habit.
DOWNLOAD WAKING UP AND ENJOY ALL THE FOLLOWING FEATURES:
- Guided meditation: Practice sessions for morning, day, or evening meditation. Suitable for beginners, intermediate, and advanced meditators alike.
- Introductory Course: A progressive, introductory course that will teach you the basic principles of mindfulness meditation, along with more advanced practices.
- Daily meditations: After completing the Introductory Course, you will continue your practice with our growing catalog of daily meditations.
- Lessons: Listen to short talks on science, philosophy, and the nature of mind.
- Guided Conversations: With a wide range of teachers, scholars, and scientists.
- Meditation timer so you can track and monitor your progress.
- Support for Family Sharing. The primary account holder can add up to 5 family members.
- Integration with Apple Health app, adding Mindful Minutes in the Mindfulness category.
ABOUT SAM HARRIS
Sam Harris is the author of five New York Times best sellers, including Waking Up: A Guide to Spirituality Without Religion. His writing and public lectures cover a wide range of topics—neuroscience, meditation, moral philosophy, religion, rationality—but generally focus on how a growing understanding of ourselves and the world is changing our sense of how we should live. Sam has practiced meditation for over 30 years and has studied with many Tibetan, Indian, Burmese, and Western meditation teachers, both in the United States and abroad. He received a degree in philosophy from Stanford University and a Ph.D. in neuroscience from UCLA.
Waking Up is not just another meditation app. Whether you’re a beginning or advanced meditator, Waking Up opens the door to a deeper understanding of yourself—and to a new way of being in the world.
Waking Up features world-renowned meditation teachers, scientists, and scholars to pressure test ancient wisdom. Our goal is to invoke a radical shift in perspective using the best minds in the world to do it. This includes series and lessons on a diverse range of philosophies and practices—from mindfulness, Stoicism, Zen, walking meditations, and an “SOS” practice series that features emergency meditations for life’s crisis moments. We continue to add new conversations and sessions with luminaries such as Joseph Goldstein on the Buddhist meditation path, James Fadiman on psychedelics and the self, the incandescent poetry of David Whyte, and the compassionate wisdom of Tara Brach. We have many new series in development.
We also set out to create a visually compelling app. That’s why we collaborate with dozens of talented artists—known and unknown—from around the world, chosen because they reflect the depth, thoughtfulness, and quality of our content (think modern art meets legendary album covers).
Thank you for your practice, and enjoy the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Truly life changing
I heard about this app through Sam Harris’s podcast and was very excited about the idea but skeptical that it had any added value to offer considering I’ve been using Headspace for almost a year now.
I am now on day 13 and have listened to most of the lessons and feel that the Waking Up app is absolutely contributing immensely to my mediation practice and understanding of my own mind and experience.
Sam is truly an incredible teacher who presents his teachings a precise and eloquent manner.
For anyone wanting to starting learning meditation as well as anyone looking to take their practice to the next level, I can’t recommend this app highly enough.
One of the most profound apps on meditation and the nature of consciousness
Waking up app goes deeper exploring the nature of mind and our relationship with it and the reality. I appreciate immensely the variety of teachings and ways of meditation that open the door into deeper insight and finding more attuned ways to work with the mind. Over the past three years I have been using the app, my practice soared and I am very grateful for being introduced to the timeless wisdom of many teachers. If there would be one meditation app that I’d be using, it would be the waking up app. Deep bow of gratitude to everyone invested in its creation.
The best path to Mediation, really teaching the basis, the logic, the clean clear process.
I found the app to be the first time that someone explained the real background and value of meditating. Not trying to convince with supernatural explanations but by putting the brain, the Mind and consciousness as the center of our life experience and change. From the lessons to theory sessions and conversations I found the app the most holistic package to take me forward to a better life, putting thinking in its place.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Waking Up Course, LLC
- 67.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Waking Up LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Subscription ₪47.90
- Premium Subscription ₪434.90
- Waking Up Yearly Subscription ₪434.90
- 3 Months Subscription ₪157.90
- Yearly Subscription ₪434.90
- Family Yearly Subscription ₪639.90
- Subscription for 3 years ₪799.90
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.