Simple. Reliable. Secure. — WhatsApp from Facebook
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
* WhatsApp now supports animated stickers. You can find the first set of new animated packs in the sticker store.
* Added support for QR codes so you can quickly add contacts and businesses without typing in a phone number. Tap the 'QR' icon in Settings to get started.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Everything is good and even very good, but one problem is the profile picture. It always decrease the pixels from the original photo
I cant put a status picture without loosing its resolution which is so bad!
And that even happens with photos which are already in square size however they are very clear in the galley
I hope that this problem will get fixed because it is facing everybody :)
Great app, but Hebrew is too dense
This is easily the best, most useful app out there, and thousands of hours from my life were wasted on it 😂
But in the latest update you changed Hebrew text to have incredibly little line spacing which I find terribly ugly and difficult on the eyes. Why didn’t you just keep it the way it was? It was perfect! Same goes for the weird small numbers when typing in Hebrew.
Also this update introduced a bug where I can’t send bold text, that is, when I send a bold message it just doesn’t appear bold, at least on my phone. Hope you’ll look into this problem too.
1000 unread group messages
I had to remove the app, because when people added me to a group I muted it but still had a notification of 1000 unread messages on the WhatsApp icon (red circle). So I couldn’t tell anymore that I had a real message from someone because it’s always 1000 unread messages. I can’t leave the groups because people would think it’s rude that I left, so I simply removed my app like many of my friends. Why do you have a mute button if you still see the count notifications? The muted groups were also always top on my chats even though I didn’t want to see them . Support was terrible- answered me after a long time and many automated answers
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 132.4 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 WhatsApp Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.