Xcode includes everything developers need to create great applications for Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Apple Watch. Xcode provides developers a unified workflow for user interface design, coding, testing, and debugging. The Xcode IDE combined with the Swift programming language make developing apps easy and fun.
Xcode includes the Xcode IDE, Swift and C/C++/Objective-C compilers, Instruments analysis tool, simulators, the latest SDKs, and hundreds of powerful features:
Innovative tools help you create great apps
• Swift is an intuitive programming language that is safe, fast, and modern
• SwiftUI is a revolutionary framework to create user interfaces with a declarative Swift syntax
• Playgrounds are a fun way to experiment and interact with Swift code
• View debugging shows a 3D stack of all your app's UI view layers at runtime
• Split editors in virtually unlimited ways, show previews, or choose an assistant to see related content
• Live issues display errors as you type, and Fix-its improve your code with just a click
• Source control navigator and service integrations help you manage code across a team
SwiftUI and Interface Builder make it easy to design your interface
• SwiftUI uses declarative Swift code that clearly describes your interface
• Design canvas graphically builds UI views using the library of controls and modifyers
• Preview SwiftUI code or UIKit interfaces in different screen sizes, orientations, and font sizes
• SwiftUI code is always in perfect sync with the graphical design canvas and previews
• Animations are built using simple commands that describe the action you want to see
Professional editor and debugger keep your code front and center
• Refactoring makes it easy to modify the structure of Swift, Objective-C, C, and C++ code
• Open Quickly instantly opens any file within your project
• Data tips and Quick Look can inspect a variable by hovering your mouse over code while debugging
Instruments for performance analysis
• Compare CPU, disk, memory, and GPU performance as graphical tracks over time
• Identify performance bottlenecks, then dive deep into the code to uncover the cause
• Analyze your app directly, or sample the entire system with very little overhead
• Create custom instruments with unique visualizations to analyze your own code and frameworks
To test or run applications on an iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, or Apple Watch all you need is a free Apple ID. To submit your apps to the App Store you must be a member of the Apple Developer Program. Some features may require Internet access.
Xcode 15.0.1 includes Swift 5.9 and SDKs for iOS 17, iPadOS 17, tvOS 17, watchOS 10, and macOS Sonoma.
This update fixes an issue that could extend the Simulator launch time when executing a test, and provides improved stability.
Ratings and Reviews
Takes forever to install
I've been waiting for almost 2 hours to install this thing, it doesn't even says how long it will take or any progress whatsoever, it looks like it's stuck but it is moving very slowly for the past 2 hours, It's only 11GB and I have 1000mbps with fibers, I was forced to install this to run visual studio... absurd.
Also as soon as I clicked install it said I have an Update to the Mac but after few minutes the update disapeared, Not only that, When I click on the appstore on the blue sqaure to cancel the download it is not working, I spammed that thing for a few minutes and I am now being forced to install xCode literally.
The download progress does not apear anywhere on the system but this page which is weird you have to search for xCode on the appstore to see progress, not even a downloading section on the app store.
Missing very helpfull feature
Thanks for your great tecnology!
I'm using Xcode more than 8 years and i would be gratefull and i think it's crusial for ongoing work is support for "find usages" feature (callers or find call hierarchy doesnt work as expected like AppCode).
One of the main reasons I'm using also with AppCode it's because this very helpfull feature is missing on Xcode.
Aweful installation process
This app is a prequisite for a lot of development tools on the Mac, which require xcode to be at the latest version, which makes it a pain when a new version is released.
Although the upgrade process of xcode is reliable and doesn't cause any issues, it is too slow!!!
Waiting for 1-4 hours (with great internet connection and no load on the mac) is unacceptable.
When using xcode, the experience is pretty great. This is the only reason this app didn't get 1 star.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- 3.2 GB
- Developer Tools
- Requires macOS 13.5 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 1999–2023 Apple Inc.