The free Adobe Scan app turns your device into a powerful portable PDF scanner that recognizes text automatically (OCR). Use this mobile document scanner to turn anything — receipts, notes, documents, pictures, business cards, whiteboards — into an Adobe PDF with content you can reuse from each PDF and photo scan.
HOW IT WORKS:
With the Adobe Scan scanner app, you can make anything scannable. Use the PDF scanner to quickly create a photo or PDF scan.
• CAPTURE. Scan anything with precision with this mobile PDF scanner. Advanced image technology automatically detects borders, sharpens scanned content, and recognizes text (OCR).
• ENHANCE. Touch up scans or photos from your camera roll. Whether it’s a PDF or photo scan, you can preview, reorder, crop, rotate, and adjust color.
• REUSE. Turn your photo scan into a high-quality Adobe PDF that unlocks content through automated text recognition (OCR). You can reuse content from each PDF scan thanks to OCR.
WHAT CAN ADOBE SCAN DO FOR YOU?
The Adobe Scan document scanner is so easy and powerful to use, you’ll say, “This is the PDF scanner for me.”
• SCAN ANYTHING, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME. Capture forms, receipts, notes, and business cards with this mobile PDF scanner. The Adobe Scan scanner app even lets you scan multi-page documents and save with a single tap.
• RECYCLE CONTENT. The Adobe Scan PDF scanner makes any content scannable and reusable. Free, built-in optical character recognition (OCR) lets you reuse scanned content by creating a high-quality PDF that you can work with in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
• QUICKLY FIND DOCUMENTS IN PHOTOS. This powerful scanner app automatically finds documents and receipts in your photos and turns them into PDF scans, so you don't have to. Automatic OCR turns text into content you can edit and reuse.
• SAVE BUSINESS CARDS TO CONTACTS. Scan a business card and Adobe Scan turns into a fast business card scanner and reader. Contact information will be automatically extracted so you can quickly add to your device contacts — no typing needed.
• GET MORE DONE ON THE GO. Save each PDF scan to Adobe Document Cloud for instant access and sharing. Even lengthy legal documents become manageable and scannable with the Adobe Scan scanner app, which lets you search, select, and copy text. You can also open a PDF scan in Acrobat Reader to highlight key sections and add comments.
• GET CONNECTED. The Adobe Scan document scanner connects you to the world’s best document services that let you do even more with your PDFs. Edit PDF and photo scans, convert to Microsoft Office, fill and sign, and send for tracked signatures.
IN-APP PURCHASE DETAILS
If you want to do more with your scans, you have the option of purchasing a PDF Pack subscription for US$9.99/month (includes Export PDF).
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage or turn off auto-renew in your Apple ID Account Settings any time after purchase.
• Select from four camera modes, Whiteboard, Form, Document or Business Card, to capture the perfect scan.
• Capture and crop experience to deliver the best scans.
• Accuracy of document border detection.
• Performance and stability.
Ratings and Reviews
App is good but not ideal for big tasks.
This app is great & the most small apps currently on the App store.
But this is not ideal for creating large number of pages.
I am a student and I find it to be a bit annoying while creating pdf of my Notebooks.
There is restrictions of selecting 50 photos at a time. You have to click on Album icon again for next 50 photos.
And the processing is also bit slow takes a lot of time in importing & still struggles in recognising the pages (it crops certain portion) have resize & check each pages. Which makes it a time consuming app as you can rely on its recognition.
Once I trusted & had to make the pdf again of 120 pages (by checking each page manually this time).
What I am basically trying to say that this app is not perfect & avoid this if you’re into making pdf of your Notes (which you might be looking to do).
Business Card Scans
I am using this app mainly for scanning business cards and adding them to my contacts directly.
I am satisfied with the results however it can further be improved as many times it leaves some contact numbers mentioned on the card and never takes the designation, company name & office address to the contacts. If these are also added in contacts, it would be great.... i hope to see updates incorporating these features shortly...
Half hearted access to features
I am confused by the way restrictions have been added in Adobe because there have been enhancements but at the same time basic stuff like sharing your own files have been made very difficult unless, may be, one subscribes to the service. It leave me thinking as to what is the objective of the company. Do they want to keep it free or move to a pay as you use model?? Right now it sits in the middle.
- Adobe Inc.
- 84.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017-2019 Adobe. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Adobe PDF Pack ₹ 769
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.