AnkiMobile is a mobile companion to Anki, a powerful, intelligent flashcard program that is free, multi-platform, and open-source. Sales of this app support the development of both the computer and mobile version, which is why the app is priced as a computer application.
AnkiMobile offers some features not found in other flashcard apps:
- A free cloud synchronization service that lets you keep your card content synchronized across multiple mobile and computer devices. This makes it easy to add content on a computer and then study it on your mobile, easily keep your study progress current between an iPhone and iPad, and so on.
- The same proven scheduling algorithm that the computer version of Anki uses, which reminds you of material as you're about to forget it.
- A flexible interface designed for smooth and efficient study. You can set up AnkiMobile to perform different actions when you tap or swipe on various parts of the screen, and control which actions appear on the tool buttons.
- Comprehensive graphs and statistics about your studies.
- Support for large card decks - even 100,000+ cards.
- If your cards use images or audio clips, the media is stored on your device, so you can study without an internet connection.
- A powerful search facility that allows you to find cards that match criteria such as 'tagged high priority, answered in the last ten days and not containing the following words', and automatically place them into a deck to study.
- Support for displaying mathematical equations that were added with LaTeX in the desktop software, and ruby text above Asian languages.
Please note that AnkiMobile is currently intended as a companion to the computer version of Anki, rather than a complete replacement for it. While AnkiMobile is able to display your cards in the same way the computer version does, certain changes like modifying note types need to be done with the computer software. For this reason, please familiarize yourself with the computer version of Anki before you think about buying this app.
Please also note that while you can use almost any language on your cards, AnkiMobile's user interface is only available in English at the moment.
Aside from the cloud synchronization service, AnkiMobile also supports copying decks to and from your device via the USB cable and iTunes.
Like all apps, AnkiMobile can be purchased once and then used on multiple devices in a household using the same Apple ID. Family sharing is also supported. For information on bulk discounts for educational institutions, please see http://www.apple.com/itunes/education/
For more information on AnkiMobile, including a link to the online manual, please have a look at the support page: http://ankisrs.net/docs/AnkiMobile.html
If you have any questions or want to report an issue, please let us know on our support site and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Added a theme page to the preferences screen.
- Support adding audio and video files via file selector (camera icon) and drag & drop.
- Support pasting multiple images at once.
- Accept taps in the remaining count area when the counts hidden.
- Other minor fixes.
- Fix current card changing when switching out of the app.
- Fix sort order in filtered deck screen.
- Fix a bug that caused some types of cards to display incorrectly.
- Ensure autocorrect and spell checking disabled in the type answer area.
- Fix 'Set Due' action failing to appear.
- Fix popups sometimes getting stuck.
- Return to hiding status bar on iPads when top bar disabled.
- Increase tap zone around tools button and scratchpad undo button.
- Add option to clear scratchpad with short tap.
- Fix buttons disappearing after rotating the screen twice.
- Fix text appearing in wrong position after rotate on iOS 11.
- Fix a problem with relearning steps in the V2 scheduler.
- Refresh the study screen when the screen is unlocked, and when returning from another app.
This update introduces a number of improvements to the interface.
- The old themes have been replaced with a new blue on white theme.
- On iOS 11+, the top and bottom bars are now semi-translucent.
- The night mode action now switches all screens to white on black.
- Tools are now accessed via the cog/gear icon in the study screen.
- The tools overlay allows faster access to actions, and you can long-press on actions to reorder them.
- You can optionally hide the cog/gear icon and access it via a tap/swipe instead.
- The answer button appearance has been improved.
- The quickbar/top bar appearance has been improved.
- The scratchpad now appears above the study buttons, and is semi-translucent.
- The remaining count, answer buttons and scratchpad now extend to the bottom of the screen on recent iPhones/iPads.
- The status bar is no longer hidden on iPad when top buttons hidden.
- Added actions to set card flags.
Other UI tweaks:
- Don't show progress popup for short operations.
- Tweak duration of popups like 'note buried'.
- New filtered deck screen.
- Enabled 'swipe to go back' gestures in most screens.
- Improve the initial appearance of a few screens.
- Minor adjustments to some screens.
And various fixes:
- Fix pops in start of audio when recording on latest iPads.
- Support sub-minute steps (eg 0.5) in deck options and custom study.
- cloze:furigana and furigana:cloze now process in the same order as the computer version.
- Convert smart quotes and dashes to standard ones when editing fields.
- Various scheduler fixes ported from computer version.
- Free disk space from previous shared deck imports on startup.
- Fixed a crash when toggling settings on/off.
- Fix an issue with lapse intervals in the experimental scheduler.
- Fix v2 scheduler advancing a day when app moved to background.
- Refactor type answer feature to behave more like the computer version:
-- colour correct text
-- show missed characters
-- use monospace
-- separate div for arrow ('typearrow' class)
- Ignore niqqud characters in the type in the answer function.
- Remove extra whitespace from the bottom of cards.
- Show warning when action requires current card.
- Fix issues with calculation of tomorrow's due count in app icon.
- Other minor fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
no option to search card using tags
you can filter card using tag but no option to edit card directly by searching tag
Extraordinary Work Damien!!
First of all thanks for giving Anki to us, it is a great software for learning. I am unable to find a ‘give feedback’ option anywhere in the app, please add it if there is none as it makes it easy to give suggestions or report problems. Please make the audio play button smaller and in line with the text as in the windows desktop application. Thank you.
Can’t undo suspended card
It comes to use when I have to suspend or bury cards frequently for a large deck , and if undo don’t support suspend and bury its very hard for me to rectify when i do a accidental suspension or burial of card
Developer Response ,
The next release will support a shortcut for cloze deletions when you're using an external keyboard.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.