What’s more powerful than a voice in your ear? Whether you’re in bed, commuting or driving a voice can make you imagine anything. Feel every word with Audible, an Amazon company.
That book you’ve been meaning to read? Try downloading it as an audiobook. All the best sellers are here as well as classics, non-fiction and much more. Gone are the days of books on tape or abridged CDs. These are professionally narrated by the world’s best actors and performers.
If you love to read books then blast through your reading list without adding to your already-busy schedule. That’s because you can listen while commuting, driving, running or just about anywhere else.
With the world’s largest selection of audiobooks and premium spoken-word entertainment, you’re bound to find what you’re looking for. Find best sellers such as Girl on the Train, A Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, 50 Shades of Grey, Me Before You and the Chimp Paradox as well as a wide range of popular categories like:
• Crime and thriller
• Science fiction
• Mindfulness and meditation
• Kids books
• The bible, religion & spirituality and more
Listen anytime, anywhere. Your library automatically syncs across all your devices.
Still not convinced? How about we give you 30 days to try Audible completely free? If it’s not for you, you can cancel anytime. No annual contracts, no strings attached. You can even keep your free book.
But if you love it and want more (which we think you will), you’ll automatically get one credit each month that you can redeem for any book on Audible. All for just £7.99 per month. And if you don’t love your book, you can exchange it, any time for any reason. Members also get deals, free audiobooks and surprise gifts.
Whether you’re a heavy book reader or just curious to give it a try, Audible is the best way to complement your books and ebooks with more fiction, non-fiction, podcasts and more.
Turn your everyday moments into story time. Listening to Stephen Fry perform Harry Potter makes for great bedtime stories for kids or adults alike.
Stumped on what to listen to first? Go to the “discover” section of the app and see our best sellers, new releases and personalized recommendations.
• Our audiobook player makes it easy to skip ahead or back by 30 seconds or navigate through chapters
• Use the sleep timer to stop narration if you drift off
• Speed up or slow down the narration by up to 3x to suit you
• Try samples for free to see if a story is for you
Download the app and download your first audiobook for free.
Visit us at www.audible.co.uk
Frequently Asked Questions
• Is Audible a reading app?
Audible lets you listen to great audiobooks. The combination of an incredible performer plus the ability to listen while you multi-task make Audible indispensable for any book lover.
• What’s the difference between Audible and an ebook reader?
What makes Audible different than ebooks or printed books is that you can hear a story be professionally performed while doing something else.
• Does Audible have story books for kids?
Yes, Audible has loads of great content for kids (especially great on those long car journeys that can be transformed into story time for kids).
• What genres are available on Audible?
Everything from best sellers to gangster tales, the latest hit novel, even ghost stories. It’s all on Audible.
• Can I stream and download my audiobooks?
Your library is kept in the cloud, so whatever device you’re on, you’ll always have your books ready to go. When you want to listen, tap on the book and it will begin downloading to your device.
• So what’s the correct spelling? Audiobooks or audio books?
We like “audiobooks”. Some say “audio book player” or “talking book” but that barely does the amazing performances justice.
• I just want to read free books!
Well, maybe we can tempt you to listen to one instead? Join Audible and your first 30 days are absolutely free.
• Audible Escape subscribers can more easily find titles included in their unlimited listening package by browsing by featured category
• It's now easier than ever for Audible Members to be able to choose their two Audible Originals each month
• We've made the now playing and settings screens more accessible to VoiceOver users
• Fixed a crash that could occur when downloading items in your library
• Fixed an issue where contacting Customer Service would fail for some users
• Fixed the issue where the Chapters list incorrectly displayed chapters that haven't yet completed downloading
• Fixed a layout issue in Discover that caused text to be clipped for certain titles
• Fixed the Clips & Bookmarks screen so that the timestamp is always visible
• Fixed a rare crash that could occur when skipping to a different chapter
We’re constantly striving to make your Audible listening experience better. If you have feedback or suggestions, please reach out to us at audible-uk.custhelp.com or on Twitter at @audibleuk.
Ratings and Reviews
It’s an engaging narrative
I am was pleasantly surprised at the end of the book that it had been read out by Malcom Gladwell something I had failed to noticed when the started listening. I kept a making a note about wanting to hear more from the same narrator.
I had earlier read part of the published copy but had not managed to continue and finish it and I think the audio made all the difference.
It’s very engaging in the way keep going back to the stories throughout the book and making the connect and establishing beyond doubt in the mind of the listener as the relevance of the point being made. It helps your extract the essential idea behind the stories and not getting distracted by the stories which themselves are so elegantly narrated and reproduced.
It did change a lot of my perspective on the important of hard work which I always thought should not be hard and should me more fun, as I wasn’t attributing it enough to opportunity and privilege.
Very practical book
Over the years I have read many self help books. Many suggestions in those books were either hard to practice or lacked practicality. This the first book that I have read that helps me put a system in place to change my habits.
The examples provided in the book are great. All I can say is atomic habits works for me.
Accessibility vs cost
I understand that the adoptability might not be at a level for audible to sustain.. I'm sure once a person finds out how convenient this app is for listening to books, most of the users will become a fan like myself.. However what bothers me is the cost of the books which I pay.. Majority of them are more expensive than the printed edition.. I fail to understand the logic and this might also be a big deterant for further increase in adoption.. You should really consider the cost of hosting a book and in my opinion it should be very negligible to get a huge adoption numbers...
- Audible, Inc.
- 94 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018. Audible, Inc
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.