Avaz, an AAC app that provides a voice for children with Autism. Featured in TED talk and listed on MIT’s Top 35 Innovations, Avaz India is the best solution for your child’s communication needs.
Avaz India contains a built-in vocabulary that is optimized for India, and has a vocabulary in 7 languages - Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi and English.
Avaz allows children with Autism and complex communication needs to choose from an extensive list of core words and research based vocabulary to maximize their ability to communicate. Designed for children with Autism, Avaz helps improve communication through interactive speech therapy sessions.
Avaz is also a great learning and speech therapy tool for children with Down Syndrome, Angelman Syndrome, Aspergers and other non-verbal conditions.
Set vocabulary with photographs and voice recordings help your child create messages. Avaz also includes save text features, a special keyboard with picture-assisted text prediction as well as a vocabulary search bar.
The customizable features give your child multiple ways to communicate! With research-based vocabulary and core words, Avaz encourages your child to develop and improve their communication. The app has more than 15,000 symbols, 4 voices and custom photos, ensuring that your child has everything they need to communicate.
• Research based, graded Vocabulary
• Symbols and Images (15,000+ high-quality Symbolstix symbols or use your images)
• Measure the child’s progress with Avaz analytics, presented as easy to understand graphs
• Print the vocabulary as a book , now the child can get consistent access to his AAC device, even without an iPad
• Easy backup and restore using iTunes and Dropbox
• Seamless Integrated Text and Keyboard Mode
• Be Social! Share your messages using email, Facebook, Twitter
• Reinforcement using zoom and animation
• Word prediction with pictures and text
• Instant Search to explore vocabulary easily
• Consistent Motor Planning
• No active internet connection (Wi-Fi or 3G) required
• Grid Size Control
• Very simple help screen on all pages
See what other users and professionals have to say about Avaz:
“...the most flexible and functional assisted communication software I have seen for the iPad. It’s an outstanding tool and will open doors for countless individuals who need assisted communication.” – Sandra Fleming, bestappsforkids.com
“...A great AAC option for many reasons, but we especially love the dedication to continued improvements and innovation.” – Dr. Robin Parker, Consulting Director, UM-NSU Center for Autism and Related Disabilities, PrAACtical AAC
Avaz is an MIT award winning communications app designed for children with Autism or speech difficulties. Tested in over 25 schools with 500 children, Avaz was designed to effectively improve your child’s ability to communicate.
With plenty of helpful speech therapy features, Avaz is your best choice to help improve your child’s communication. Download Avaz today!
For questions or comments about the special speech therapy app, Avaz, reach out to us at: email@example.com
Visit our website for other details: http://www.avazapp.com/
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
1. We have added an entire parent training module to Avaz in this version!
2. You can have virtual conversations with an AAC user in the app itself - try the Communication Adventures
3. We have added Avaz Live to this version, where you can have a video call with your therapist/educator and they can control the device remotely!
4. You can now search and images from the internet within Avaz itself.
5. We have finally fixed the Dropbox issue that some users were facing.
Ratings and Reviews
Very good app
Excellent app. We have been able to effectively communicate with our child with Avaz.
Using Avaz for a practical purpose in the real world
I would like to share a very practical use that we could put Avaz to for our son recently. He has power in his eye and usually during eye checkups we depend on the machine test only bcos he cant do the reading test as he is a non verbal 14 year old boy on the autism spectrum. A few months back for the reading test the Shankara Eye hospital (in Bangalore, India) Vision therapy lab staff utilised the adapted reading test which consists of choosing shapes to identify the shapes shown on the screen. My son was able to do it reasonably well.
Last week he had to again undergo eye check for power with dilatation. This time he had his iPad with Avaz keyboard loaded and set to voice out each letter typed. And he did just that typed on the Avaz keyboard to voice out as an alternative to reading from the charts. It was a great sense of fulfillment to actually experience Avaz becoming his voice in the real world in a very practical and real situation. Best part was I was not in the picture anywhere other than just explaining to him what was to be done as a follow up to the technician doing so too. Post that the interaction was solely between the technician and him. And this was not at the Vision Therapy lab like the previous occasion. This was at the Paediatric Ophthalmolgy section which was an added bonus. Although the entire hospital staff is trained and sensitised to interact with children and individuals with special needs including autism still these interactions are not as frequent for the general staff as compared to the Vision Therapy lab staff in the context of autism. It was a great achievement for our son and we felt really happy. A big thank you to Team Avaz for enriching our lives.
Sharing so that other parents too could make use of Avaz for this real life situation which could ease our childrens lives.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Avaz, Inc.
- 1.7 GB
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018-19 Invention Labs Engineering Products Pvt Ltd
- ₹ 8,900
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.