Write in portable Markdown, encrypt your notes, sync notes, organize notes with nested tags, add sketches, pick a beautiful theme, export to a variety of formats
Bear is a focused, flexible notes app used by writers, lawyers, chefs, teachers, engineers, students, parents and more! Bear has quick organisation, editing tools, and export options to help you write quickly and share anywhere and preserve your privacy with encryption.
2017 Apple Design Award
App Store App of the Year 2016
“My journaling app of choice is Bear” - Kit Eaton, New York Times
*WRITE YOUR WAY* with flexible yet simple tools
- Tools stay out of your way so you can just write
- **NEW** Encrypt individual notes and lock Bear with Face/Touch ID (Bear Pro required. Learn more below)
- Easily create notes with Siri and iOS Shortcuts
- Use Apple Watch to dictate and append to recent notes
- Pick from over a dozen themes for the perfect writing space (requires Bear Pro. Learn more below)
- Support for sketching, drawing, and Apple Pencil (and other styli)
- Grab images, text, files, and clip web pages with Bear’s app extension
*ORGANIZE QUICKLY* with tasks and #tags
- Add #tags, #multi-word tags# and even #multiple/nested/tags anywhere in a note for quick organization
- Add tasks to notes to stay on track
- Archive notes to keep them around, but out of your way
- Use Cross-Note Links to build a body of work, reference other notes, and more
- Pick custom icons to help important tags stand out in the Sidebar
- Use emoji autocomplete to add style to your tasks, journals, headings, and more
- Multiple export options including HTML, PDF, DOCX, MD, JPG, EPUB, and TextBundle (some export options require Bear Pro)
- Copy part of a note in a variety of formats to paste elsewhere
- Easily share your notes to any third party app including Wordpress, Mail, Sparkle, etc...
*SEARCH ALL THE THINGS*
- Use Spotlight to search your notes from anywhere
- Quickly find what you need with keyword highlights
- Focus on specific types of notes with powerful Search Triggers. Try @task to find all notes with todos.
*USE IT EVERYWHERE* with sync in Bear Pro
- Sync your notes between Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch
- Notes sync via iCloud, not our servers
- A single in-app subscription works across all your devices
*YOUR NOTES, NOT OURS*
- Bear is private at its core: We cannot see your notes, tags, or anything else
- **NEW** Encrypt individual notes with a password that is entirely private to you (Bear Pro required)
- **NEW** Lock Bear with Face/Touch ID (Bear Pro required)
- Export notes to portable formats like Plain Text, Markdown, and TextBundle
- With a Bear Pro subscription, your notes sync via iCloud, not our servers
- Backup and restore all notes with just a couple taps
*ENABLE ALL FEATURES WITH BEAR PRO*
One low, yearly subscription enables a variety of features on all your devices and keeps the Bear hugs coming.
- **NEW** Encrypt individual notes with a password that is entirely private to you
- **NEW** Lock Bear with Face/Touch ID
- Sync notes between your iPhone, iPad, and Mac via iCloud
- Advanced export to PDF, HTML, DOCX, JPG
- Over a dozen gorgeous app themes to help you create the best writing environment
- More themes are on the way
- Keep the Bear updates coming
$1.49 monthly, $14.99 annually (save 18%)
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel the subscription once activated. After purchase, manage your subscriptions in App Store Account Settings. Any unused portion of a free trial period, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
$1.49 monthly, includes a one week free trial
$14.99 annually, includes a one month free trial
Terms of Service: http://www.bear-writer.com/terms/
Bear is ready for the new macOS Big Sur, Apple Silicon Macs, and the future of square icons!
Apple completely redesigned the Today sidebar widgets in Big Sur, and Bear is ready. For Bear Pro users, please note that widgets cannot display the contents of password-protected notes for security and privacy reasons.
**Single note widget** (small, medium, large): Keep a note always in view, right on your homescreen. Pick your preferred size of widget, then right-click it to pick a note from Bear.
**Sidebar widget** (small, medium, large): View recent notes from key sections of the Sidebar, including: Notes, Untagged, Todo, Today, and any of your tags. Tap a note to open it in Bear, tap the label at the bottom to visit that location in Bear.
**Search widget** (small, medium, large): View the most recent notes that match a search query in Bear. PLUS, tap the label at the bottom to open that search query in Bear!
**READY FOR BIG SUR**
Icon styles are changing with the Big Sur times. Bear for Mac’s icon is now a rounded square and the shadowing is smoother. Yes, we redesigned all icon theme color variants, including for all Bear Pro themes!
We also fixed a handful of UI quirks and a few bugs related to running on Big Sur.
**READY FOR APPLE SILICON**
Apple is now building its own “Apple Silicon” CPUs for blazing fast speed, efficiency, and silent running. Bear is ready for the new Apple Silicon MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, and Mac mini.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Awesome app, but..
Bear is a great app.I have been using it for the past one month and i love it. My suggestion is, can you please include a table-making facility. It takes so much time to make a table in some other app, take a screenshot of it and then insert the image in the note.
Minimalist note taking heaven 🌁
I never thought that I will ever need a third party app for taking notes, but since now I have installed Bear, I can’t go back to any other app. The note taking experience is clean, minimal and encourages to take notes which are - to the point. I like the full featured (almost) editor which includes basic toolset which a voracious note-taker usually wants. People who take daily notes, write whole pages of books, scribble around things as mysterious as spells from Hogwarts’ Dictionary of Magic will absolutely love what this app can do.
My only current gripe is that the images cannot be edited like crop, changing angles etc; or the features are hidden (not sure) in such a way that they are not visible upfront. I hope this support is added in upcoming versions as customising images to the size you want according to your content makes your note look extremely clean.
Great App for writers!
The app looks simple but has most of the important features a writer needs. Suggestion: If you can make the premium version, a one-time price, it would be great. I hope the developers consider it. Thanks.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Shiny Frog Ltd.
- 32.6 MB
- Requires macOS 10.11 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Shiny Frog Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Bear Pro ₹ 89
- Bear Pro ₹ 999
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.