Award winning reading for pleasure app, designed to improve reading engagement, track reading progress and provide insightful automated reports to teachers and parents.
Browzly is an award winning reading for pleasure technology designed for students to improve their reading practice and provide ready-made assessment reports to teachers & parents to support and track every single child’s progress. Browzly is proven* to improve reading engagement* and can be used for whole classrooms, whole schools and home learning.
*A 13 month long study in a pilot school showed 3 times increase in reading engagement- a metric which data from PISA proves has a higher correlation to reading literacy achievement than factors like time spent on homework, relationships with teachers, sense of belonging or even pressure to achieve.
Research findings(1) from 28 primary and 13 secondary classrooms indicate that using a variety of teaching practices in reading instruction is considered effective, 6 most notable of these best practices in reading instruction were incorporated in the design of Browzly. We gave them the acronym EISsHQuIM:
1. Encouraging self regulation - Students read of their own accord from their school libraries or swap books with school friends through Browzly. Every students gets personalized reading recommendations based on their age and assessed ability to handle text complexity in a reading range that is easy to medium difficulty level for them. Children make independent reading choices & are encouraged to make reading a regular practice willfully. Teachers can see books for their class to choose class readers and topic books.
2. Integrate reading, writing & Oracy (speaking)- Readers read offline and come back to share what they've read on Browzly, they may then add text or video reviews to practice writing as well as speaking and presentation.
3. Social Scaffolding- All the readers in a school (teachers, students, parents) are connected in a social community on Browzly, to see member reading posts & reviews from their school friends and teachers. School members connect and inspire each other with likes, comments, reviews and posts to engage in book chats and support every reader in their reading journey.
13 studies in Secondary schools (1), demonstrate that teachers as well as more capable student peers can provide instructional scaffolding when socially interacting to develop new knowledge structure, this is seen as extremely valuable for children who need additional support in primary to secondary transition.
4. Having strong home connections- Parents can register independently on Browzly with or without their school subscribing to Browzly to support and track their students' progress. Parents can create their own reading records to model the practice of reading, they may also post comments and view their child's reading reports.
5. High level Questioning- Quizzes testing readers on a wide variety of literacy skills as per English National Curriculum Framework (Vocabulary, Inferring, Phrasing, Retrieving, Explaining, Sequencing, Synthesizing etc.) pop up automatically when available and provide immediate feedback. Students gain points for consistent reading practice, reviews added and quiz scores achieved.
6. Instant and Insightful measurement- Reading reports for the month or customized periods for each student and the whole class are available to view, download and export to excel for the teachers. Students and parents also get monthly reports from the app. Reports show reading progress, recommended reading level, points for consistency in reading, reviews and quizzes as well as gaps and skills as per quiz scores.
Additionally, teachers may also create and share-
1. Quizzes on topics they teach and get instant tracking for each student and the whole class
2. Social media posts with video, pdf or image attachments to share with their selected classes, teachers and parents.
1 Alvermann, D.E., Fitzgerald, J., & Simpson, M. (2006). Teaching and learning in reading. In P. Alexander & P. Winne (Eds.), Handbook of Educational Psychology (2nd ed., pp. 427-455). Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum.
1. Teachers can now view their class lists, reading reports for their students and their classes directly from the app.
2. Parents can also view their students' reports from their students' profile page.
3. Additionally, we have also fixed many bugs to make Browzly a more joyful and insightful experience for all the readers.
Ratings and Reviews
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Browzly Ltd
- 74.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © All Rights Reserved to Browzly
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.