Byword makes writing easier on your iPhone and iPad.
# Key features of Byword
- Designed to make writing with Markdown easier
- Sync text documents across all your Mac, iPhone, iPad devices
- Take all documents offline to access them anytime
- Filter documents by searching all text (Find & Replace inside documents coming soon)
- Alternate dark theme for extra comfort in low-light situations
- The most complete Markdown support including footnotes, tables and cross-references
- Export Markdown documents to PDF and HTML documents
- Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote
# Optimized for iOS 13
- Dark mode support to match iOS preference;
- Search documents directly from iOS Spotlight;
- Multitasking and split screen on iPad;
- Shortcuts to create new document and access most recent documents right from application icon.
# Blog publishing
Publish to Medium, WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and Evernote from Byword. Publishing your story with Byword is as simple as:
1. Write in Byword
2. Open Tools and select Publish
3. Confirm metadata
# More features
- List continuations
- TextExpander snippet expansion
- Word and character counters with live update
- Extensive VoiceOver support for visual impaired users
- Spell and Grammar checking and Dictionary lookup
- Keyboard shortcuts for formatting and navigating between screens
Here are some ways to use Byword in your life:
- For posting to your blog without using clunky web interfaces and risking losing your work
- For research, meeting and class notes
- To write that important email without being distracted
- To capture ideas and notes and have them available in all devices
# Rich text warning
Byword for iOS only works with plain text formats. Supported file extensions are: txt, text, md, mmd, rmd, markdown, markdn, mdown, mkdn, markd and fountain.
We are proud to provide a super friendly customer support. If you need help and/or have suggestions, please contact us using the mediums below.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This unassuming app does what it does beautifully and reliably. It’s arguably one of my best investments on the App Store. It’s a good iOS citizen, playing well with the native Files app, which makes using it with other apps a breeze e.g. managing a github repo with Byword and Working Copy is a beautiful experience. As a pure typing experience too Byword offers enough options not to be overbearing while allowing you to craft your own writing experience, and writing in Markdown then publishing is, overall, seamless. Byword is a great app when compared to the more pompous iA Writer and the costlier Ulysses—especially when a subscription does not hold great value for infrequent writers.
I was using iA writer before but switched to byword now. The folder management is better in this app. I can change the font to what I like is the best thing about it. This one strikes the perfect balance among all markdown apps
My writing tool - it has everything i need and over the time they have added lot of features that has made the "writing life" simple for me. Thanks a lot guys
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.