Chess is #1 popular game in the world. According to FIDE, about 600 million people play chess and it is the most widespread game on the planet.
"The Game of Chess is not merely an idle amusement; several very valuable qualities of the mind, useful in the course of human life, are to be acquired and strengthened by it, so as to become habits ready on all occasions..."
(Benjamin Franklin, scientist)
- HD graphics for iPhone 5 and the new iPad retina display
- 5 levels of difficulty
- hint option to find out the best next move
- play either white or black
- play against the computer or a friend
- 2D and 3D themes for chess pieces
- unlimited ability to undo moves
- AI quick response time
- time control (5, 15, 30 or 60 minutes)
- animated moves
- highlight legal moves
- easy to use interface design
- ability to go back to any previous position in the game
- auto-save when exit or phone ring
- view captured pieces
- full game history with chess notation
- change the appearance of the board
- ability to listen music in background
Play one of the oldest and most enjoyable games in the world!
Native support for iPhone X, XS, XS Max, iPad Pro 11-inch.
Reduced app size.
Fixed invisible moves bug in puzzles 17, 68 and 100.
Ratings and Reviews
We can use hint and undo our move
Good but make it full screen.
This app is the best for playing chess but I feel that there should be an option to make the chess board full screen so that we can remove the borders on the left and the right to make the board look a little bigger. I am taking 1 star for that.
- Vintolo Ltd
- 47.1 MB
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Vintolo Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- 10 hints ₹ 159
- 45 hints ₹ 599
- 200 hints ₹ 2,299
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.