Download the most essential and comprehensive dictionary app for dependable definitions at your fingertips.
Dictionary.com is the leading free English dictionary app for iPad– with over 2,000,000 trusted definitions and synonyms. The app is designed and optimized for your device.
Easily search definitions and synonyms offline. You can access the offline dictionary anytime and anywhere - you do not need an internet connection. Voice search and audio pronunciation requires connection.
In addition to the trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, this app includes:
- Word of the Day – learn a new word each day and expand your vocabulary
- Audio pronunciations – never mispronounce another word
- Voice Searches – conveniently speak to search a word without having to spell it
- Content Collections Carousel includes Word Trends, Grammar Tips, , Slideshows, and Word of the Day
- Quiz widget - test your vocabulary skills (are you prepping for the SAT?) with our Word of the Day quizzes
- Favorite words and search history - customize your recently searched word list and never forget the newest words you’ve learned
- English Spelling help - not sure how a word is spelled? This app will find it for you
- Local look-ups - take a look at the words searched by location
- Learner’s Dictionary - includes extra information about word usage for English learners
Get even more from your app with our Upgrades:
- Remove ads
- Example Sentences
- Idioms and Phrases
- Medical, Science, Rhyming Dictionaries
Voice. noun. Something you can now use when searching for the definition of a word.
Our push notifications just got a whole lot better too. Travel anywhere in the world and receive real-time notifications and alerts from Dictionary.com.
You may also notice our Word of the Day has had a makeover. Check out the polished new look!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
With the 64bit update app now works faster with less lag and crashes. Thanks.
Search with wildcard (*) returns fewer than actual results.
No option to use the app in multitasking sidebar.
Fullscreen ads are annoying (and often with no way to dismiss them! They are there whenever I click on slideshows.)
I often use it as a quick reference to find synonyms and antonyms. And, sometimes to get the meaning of a word. On most occasions I could get the appropriate word I searched for. So, I am very happy with this app. I also like the interface and the ease with which I can navigate between results.
Find the meaning a large range of words. Awesome!
- Dictionary.com, LLC
- 199.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Dictionary.com, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- set of 300 voice to text searches ₹ 79
- set of 100 voice to text searches ₹ 249
- Example Sentences Upgrade ₹ 249
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.