Download the number one dictionary app with English language learning tools built for every level of learner!
Dictionary.com is the leading free English dictionary and thesaurus app for iPhone! With more than 2 million trusted definitions and synonyms, the Dictionary.com app is optimized with your mobile device in mind. It even works offline!
Install the offline dictionary for access to definitions whenever and wherever you need them.
In addition to the trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, this app includes:
- Word of the Day – Learn a new word each day and expand your vocabulary education
- Synonyms — Get thesaurus content alongside your dictionary definitions
- Audio pronunciations – Never mispronounce another word
- Voice search – Find the definitions you’re looking for anywhere, anytime
- Content collections carousel includes word trends, grammar tips, word origin videos, and more
- Grammar help - Get grammar tips, word usage, and more
- Favorite words and search history - Customize your recently searched word list, and never forget the newest words you’ve learned
- English Spelling Help - Not sure how a word is spelled? This app will find it for you.
- Learner’s Dictionary - Includes extra information about word usage for English learners
- Optimized for Apple Watch!
Get even more from your app with our Upgrades:
- Example Sentences
- Idioms and Phrases
- Medical, Science, Rhyming Dictionaries
- Offline Dictionary + Remove ads
Or you can get all of this additional content and remove ads for one low price with our Pro App.
- Minor Improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Bugs and missing features
I’ve been using this dictionary for about 2 years now. With every update you guys screw the app up. It crashes/freezes all the time. If I search 2 or 3 words consecutively, it would freeze. Another thing is the app doesn’t show the highlighted letters when you spell a word anymore. For example - if you search the word ‘ Application’, it would show the spell as ‘ap-li-key-shuhn’. It doesn’t highlight the letters ‘key’ in the spell like it used to before and like it does on the website. Website is way better than this app.
Don’t have some minor features
Overall good and cheap dictionary, you can have offline version in few bucks. But, I am annoyed with its favourite word list which does not have back button. Going back while reading a favourite word lands you on the main page. I frequently revise my favourite words serially. I always have to go again to favourite button and load them again
Not the best layout...
I have purchased the Upgraded version however, can’t really customise any setting, only the bottom advertisement banner is gone. They should provide an option to block out the unnecessary ‘Arts & Entertainment’, ‘History’, ‘Quizzes’ etc. Just keep the layout (or at least provide an option to) plain and crisp for a dictionary. It seems unnecessary to pay and upgrade unless they let you block out all the unnecessary stuff from always showing when you open the app.
- Dictionary.com, LLC
- 154.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Dictionary.com, LLC 2017
- In-App Purchases
- Example Sentences Upgrade ₹ 249
- Remove Ads Upgrade ₹ 159
- Medical Dictionary Upgrade ₹ 249
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.