The third 2021 release brings lots of new features, stability & performance improvements and support for Quick Notes and more native UI elements.
Elytra is a RSS Feed Reader App and Sync Service that is fast, stable and private.
PRIVATE: Your account is automatically setup and is completely private. No passwords to remember. Elytra will not collect any personal information from you.
MODERN FEED FORMATS: Elytra supports both XML and JSON feed formats.
PUSH NOTIFICATIONS: Get real-time updates from your favorite blogs which support the WebSub protocol.
LOCAL BOOKMARKS: All your bookmarks are locally available to read and refer even when you’re offline.
NATIVE RENDERING: Elytra renders articles using native features of iOS to bring inclusive features like Voice Over for Accessibility and reduce usage of tracking scripts.
IMAGE LOADING: Elytra provides various image loading options so you can save on mobile bandwidth and load images you deem necessary.
SYNC: Elytra supports cross-device sync using its API. Access your feeds on your iOS Devices, Mac devices as well as in the browser.
SEARCH: Search for a feed, then an article and then snippets within the article. Elytra is the first RSS Reader to support search within articles.
APPEARANCE: Elytra supports both Light and Dark themes. You can choose between various Serif and Sans-Serif fonts.
LINKED HEADERS: When the Article Author goes through the trouble of linking headers with IDs, it only makes sense that Elytra enables you to share direct sections with your friends & family.
MUTE FILTERS: Clean up your feeds from unwanted topics, spoilers, and noise.
Elytra cannot connect to or sync with other RSS Syncing or Aggregation services.
The iOS App is also available on the App Store.
Elytra’s 2021 third quarter release is here.
This is the first release with a modern and cutting-edge foundation which focuses on reliability, stability and ease of adding new features in future releases.
If you feel generous and have a couple of minutes, please leave a review on the App Store. It makes a huge difference for me. Thank you in advance.
- New UI for New & Rename Folder
- Improved UI for Feed Info UI
- Safari Extension to add new feeds to Elytra directly from the webpage you're browsing.
- Quick Notes support (only on macOS Monterey)
- Added a new sync method to also sync added and deleted feeds on sync
- Added a new Portrait Lock preference under miscellaneous settings
- Added support for tables in articles
- New and improved article list view. It renders twice as fast now and uses less power overall
- Added a new setting to the Feed Settings: You can now toggle full-text fetching for feeds. When you open an article from that feed, the full-text content will be automatically loaded.
- Added a "Enable Push Notifications" toggle under Preferences > General. You will only see it if Push Notifications are not already enabled on that device. For cross-device sync, it is recommended you turn this on.
- New Options for Feeds: Open Articles in the Browser. This is useful for feeds where full-text extraction fails.
- Improved loading speed for the Unread and Today feeds.
- The panel sizes (Sidebar and Articles List) are now persisted across app launches.
- New Photos Browser
- Improved handling of adding new feeds via the url scheme
- If you add multiple folder widgets, you can configure each one with a unique folder (latest macOS only).
- Improved error messages across the app. The app will now display error messages directly from the API's error
- Added delete and info swipe actions to the search results for feeds
- Improved scrolling performance in the article reader
- New Appearance customisation UI in the article reader
- Improved visuals for the folder row if a feed is being dropped onto it
- Improved dragging states for feeds and articles
- The sidebar now maintains the folders expansion state across app launches
- Added the cmd + G (cmd + shift + G for backwards) shortcut for navigating to the next article search result
- Improved sync and timeline loading performance for users with several filters
- Fixed an issue where changing the font-size from the Preferences window to any value other than System would keep system sizing enabled
- Fixed an issue where closing the main window would prevent the window from being opened again
- Fixed an issue which caused the macOS tint color to not be properly set for all views
- Foxed an issue where the window's size and position would not be maintained with window manager apps installed and running
- Fixed an issue where marking some articles as read failed if they were recently synced on to the device
- Fixed an issue across all platforms that could sometimes cause a crash on launch when available system memory is low
- Fixed an issue with the title view in the articles list being hidden after scrolling
- Fixed an issue when swiping back from the article reader when the bars are hidden to cause the layout to get janked
- Fixed an issue with the new sync not updating the feed's folder structure if one already exists
- Fixed an issue that caused a crash when changing from light to dark mode and the article reader was open
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when opening an article with Lists containing multiple linebreaks at the beginning of the paragraph
- Fixed a bug with importing OPML Files with invalid/incorrect format
- Fixed an issue where the feed settings would not be loaded correctly on app launch
- Fixed an issue which caused Feeds only re-sync to fail which also caused background sync to fail sometimes. This could potentially cause feeds metadata to get wiped
Ratings and Reviews
An RSS reader built with love
This app really makes you appreciate the care that has gone into making. It is simple and never comes in your way.
It is evident that it’s built by someone who uses RSS feeds themselves. Native cloud sync is a huge plus and the app is intuitive to use.
This app has a bright future ahead.
Go get it!
The mac app is updated for new macs and beautiful. Highly recommended rss reader since this also syncs beautifully between devices via sign in with apple.
One of the simplest yet powerful apps out there.
A simple RSS reader that makes so much sense. Very snappy and overall loved it. Also the dark mode is just cherry on the cake!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nikhil Nigade
- 14.6 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2017-2021 Nikhil Nigade
- In-App Purchases
- Free Trial ₹ 0
- 1 Month Subscription ₹ 89
- Monthly Subscription ₹ 79
- Lifetime Subscription ₹ 3,499
- Yearly Subscription ₹ 899
- 3 Months Subscription ₹ 269
- 1 Year Subscription ₹ 1,199
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.