Find My iPhone:
If you misplace your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, the Find My iPhone app will let you use any iOS device to find it and protect your data. Simply install this free app, open it, and sign in with the Apple ID you use for iCloud. Find My iPhone will help you locate your missing device on a map, remotely lock it, play a sound, display a message, or erase all the data on it.
For missing iOS devices, Find My iPhone also includes Lost Mode. Lost Mode locks your device with a passcode and can display a custom message and contact phone number right on the Lock Screen. While in Lost Mode, your device can keep track of where it has been and report back so you can view its recent location history, right from the Find My iPhone app.
Please note that Find My iPhone must be enabled in iCloud settings on your device before you can locate it with this app.
• Locate your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac on a map
• Play a sound for two minutes at full volume (even if your device is set to silent)
• Remotely lock your device with a passcode
• Display a custom message on the Lock Screen
• View recent location history of your device while in Lost Mode (iOS devices)
• Get driving directions to device location
• Remotely erase all content and settings on your device
• Battery charge indicator
New for iOS 9:
• View your current location and the location of your missing device on the same map.
• Cancel a pending erase request if your missing device is offline.
How Your Data is Used
When you use Find My iPhone, your device’s location and information about your device and your account will be sent to and retained by Apple. This enables Apple to provide you with this service. Your device location is only sent to Apple if you actively request the location of a device or accessory. If you choose to enable the Send Last Location feature, your device’s last known location will be sent to Apple automatically whenever your device’s battery reaches a critically low level. Apple retains location information and makes it accessible to you for 24 hours. It is then deleted.
Supported languages: English, Arabic, Australian English, Brazilian Portuguese, British English, Canadian French, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hong Kong Chinese, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Mexican Spanish, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
• Find My iPhone 4.0 requires iOS 8 or later and iCloud. You can create a free Apple ID to use with iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac.
• Wi-Fi or cellular internet connection is required. WiFi-only devices must be connected to the Internet via a registered Wi-Fi network to be located.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
This version of the Find My iPhone app includes support for iOS 8 and Family Sharing.
Ratings and Reviews
Lost and found
During a trip to Dubai I once forgot my phone in the mall and went back to hotel. I did not have a data plan and I did not lock my phone either. I immediately sent a locking message via this app. The guy who found it went on wifi and that's it. I could locate the phones location on the map. The phone got locked and the only thing it displayed was my message with a local phone number. He had to call me and hand it over.
Must have app.
A must needed app in every iPhone
Smartphones are nothing if they are not connected to the internet. This app requires the same. It allows you to erase all your datas from your phone or lock your phone that only will be unlocked by giving it to a service center of Apple. All this can be done remotely from other devices when your iPhone is lost
Lost in a Cab
I forgot it in a cab. The phone was in silent mode by mistake. So calls to it were not being heard by the can driver. Calling Ola (the cab company) did not work as we could not get through.
Logged in to icloud and tracked it that way and found it still sitting in the cab much to the surprise of a bemused and perplexed cab driver
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Apple Distribution International
- 11.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2012 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.