Try our incredible new ruler tool!
Bringing the legendary Moleskine notebook experience to iOS, Flow is an all-new way to create simple drawings, complex works of art, and beautiful notes all on your iPad and iPhone.
Flow has been built from the ground up with creators in mind, offering dozens of combinations for paper types, colors, and tools. And by pairing our custom drawing technology with Apple Pencil, Flow feels as responsive as drawing on real paper.
The state of flow is vital to achieve your creative potential. This led us to make documents in Flow infinite width so you can stay immersed. Create your own set of tools just like a virtual pencil case so you don’t need to constantly adjust colours, size and style. You can have five markers in shades of blue or just a single black pen in the ideal size—it’s up to you!
Flow’s flexibility serves amateurs and professionals alike, offering powerful art tools in an accessible format. With Flow, everyone can create sketches, lists, storyboards, designs, handwritten notes, floor plans, recipes, diagrams, journals and works of art. It’s the perfect space for ideas to be created, captured and shared.
- Infinite width documents for uninterrupted creation
- Create your own unique set of drawing tools
- Dark and light paper with dot grid, squared, lined or blank styles
- Customizable gestures, including double-tap for Apple Pencil (second generation)
- Collections for organizing your creations
- Hideable interface so you can stay focussed
- Export with configurable options like transparency and lasso area
- Drag and drop documents to Timepage to store creations on your calendar
- Multitask on iPad with Split View, Slide Over and drag-and-drop
Membership with Flow includes realtime cloud storage and backup for your documents and tools across all of your devices.
Download Flow to try it free for two weeks. After your free trial, Flow requires a subscription which provides you with regular app updates and realtime cloud storage of your documents. Monthly and yearly options are available, with yearly subscribers saving 50%. After your trial, you will not be charged unless you purchase a subscription. If your subscription lapses, Flow remains available in read-only mode.
We love to speak with users, so feel free to reach out at any time via the Flow menu under Help > Contact Support.
If you have a feature idea, please let us know at https://bonobo.canny.io/flow.
Want to learn more about Timepage, Actions, or Flow? Visit https://moleskinestudio.com to read our guides.
We’re also on Twitter—find us at https://twitter.com/moleskinestudio.
Subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless automatic renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions and automatic renewal status in Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription. Price may vary by location.
Terms of service: https://moleskinestudio.com/terms
We are so thankful for your interest in Flow. We’ve put lots of work into making the app the best it can be, and we read every single review you write. If you enjoy the app and want to leave a review, we’d really appreciate it!
• Fixes the size of the pen editor when using pencil case mode on the iPhone
-- Previous updates --
Thanks for all of your great suggestions, we've completed a lot of popular feature requests in this version:
• PDF page import. Choose a PDF from Import > Files then select any page to place it on your Flow document. Boom.
• Tool opacity control. You asked for it and here it is! The new slider on the toolbar and tool editor controls the opacity of the selected tool. Setting it lower will decrease the strength at which the tool applies ink on the page.
• Correction Pen / Eraser. We’ve rebuilt the Eraser! Instead of having two modes, it is now two separate tools, making it quicker and easier to use. Choose the Eraser for when you want to remove entire strokes or images, choose the Correction Pen when you want to partially trim or cut into strokes and images.
• Graphite Pencil tool opacity now responds more rapidly to Apple Pencil pressure.
• Airbrush refined to suit the capabilities offered by the new opacity control.
• Improvements to tool response time.
• Thumbnails for your documents are now based on your last-edit position instead of last-viewed.
This update adds another great new function: the curve line. When the ruler is active, tap the line button (under shape options on the left side) and choose curve. You can then create whatever curve you need by moving the control points that appear on your ruler. The curve line also works when the ruler is set to mask mode.
We've also been hard at work under the hood, tuning our drawing engine technology. This update contains significant performance improvements to make drawing feel even smoother and more responsive. If you use Flow for writing, you'll notice it feels quicker than ever before.
We are super excited to release one of our biggest features ever (and the most requested) – say hello to the Ruler!
We thought long and hard about design of the Flow Ruler, and the result is a whole new take that you’ve never seen before. We think you’re going to love it! It’s all about empowering you to draw quickly and precisely, from simple lines and shapes all the way up to sophisticated multi-point perspective drawing.
Here’s a few things you can do with it:
• Draw straight lines and precise angles
• Draw perfect circles, ellipses, squares and rectangles
• Snap the ruler to background patterns for extra precision and spacing guidance
• Use masking to shade inside and outside shapes as well as along straight lines
• Turn on advanced reference lines for 1, 2 and 3 point perspectives
Also in this version, Flow now has a shiny new App Clip. When you share a document with someone who doesn’t yet have Flow, this will allow them to preview it quickly before they download the full app.
Ratings and Reviews
Have you ever written on magic paper? We have. You might know Moleskine for its world-famous notebooks: pages of creamy paper that feel amazing under your pen. Flow by Moleskine brings that experience to your iPhone and iPad.
Good but not great
As with other apps in this series, this app is unique and functionally beautiful with a lot of nifty tricks up its sleeve. However, as some other reviews here already point out, there are other “pro” apps which have quite a rich feature set themselves at a lower prices.
While this app is a great addition to the this Moleskine’s portfolio, its not great enough to warrant a subscription. The todo and calendar apps by the same developers are fantastic and would very highly recommend them to everyone. Every minute of experimentation is worth spending on those other apps. To be honest, they set the bar too high and that is part of the problem ;)
Suggestion to developers: if you offer a plan for all 3 apps at a price not too greater than current *individual* prices, there is a great chance that this suite will be 10x more successful (and who knows, maybe even 100x or more). Please consider it seriously.
Amazing app but...
This app is like the best for note taking as i am a student I love taking notes in this but it lags sometimes I just got my new iPad 7 and apple pencil and it is amazing to write I feel better than good notes but It lags when you write with your finger😍👌🏻
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Moleskine S.r.l.
- 108.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.4 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Moleskine SpA & Bonobo Pte Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Membership ₹ 169
- Annual Membership ₹ 999
- Moleskine Studio Bundle ₹ 1,699
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.