Welcome to the enchanting world of FollowTheNotes!
You’ll experience the magic of learn the music and playing the instrument you love.
The App is the best method to obtain the total independence, automatizing the conversion’s mechanism of reading music in a perfect instrumental performance.
It is the only Digital Music Coach that generates random exercises and listens to you.
It checks your results, inspiring to improve your skills.
• A never-ending songbook. You can create an infinite number of random sheets music
• For treble and bass clef
• Now for guitar and 4-5-6 strings bass guitar and double bass (soon for violin, ukulele, mandolin)
• An interactive digital coach that shows you the result, notes by notes, during your performances
◦ Hand Position: create your random song including ONLY the notes of the specific hand position you want practicing, from the “empty string” till the “twelfth position”. You can select more hand’s positions at the same time
◦ Key Signature: Do you want to play with specific key signature? Create your song in any Key Signature you need (C, F, G#, Bb…)
◦ Alteration: You can select a specific alteration (sharp, flat, both, no alterations), no matter which key signature you’ve selected
◦ Dotted note: Do you want practice with dotted note? You can select/deselect it
◦ Level of difficulty: you can select between 4 levels of difficulty:
▪ Easy: Song composed by notes/pauses with values 4/4, 2/4, 1/4
▪ Medium: As Easy, adding 1/8
▪ Difficult: As Medium, adding 1/16
▪ Hard: As difficult, adding 1/32
◦ Time Signature: which music time do you need to train? 4/4? 3/8? 12/32? You can choose any time signature you want, from 1/2 till 30/32
◦ Naming convention: You can choose your preferred name convention (C, D, E…, or DO, RE, MI… or other 5 name conventions). Or play without this aid.
◦ Metronome: Set the speed of the song! 60? 20? 120 beats per minutes? Choose it according the song difficulty and your skill
◦ Play in the right time: The app will listen the moment when you play the notes, during your performance and giving visibility if you are playing the notes on time
◦ Immediate feedback: Are you playing too late/too early? Or are you playing a wrong note? Your digital music coach will provide you an immediate feedback
◦ Level of precision: But… When is the right time? It is your choice! You can set it as parameter. You can choose the level of precision you want to challenge yourself. Are you setting 20%? It means that you must play the note within a period not exceeding the 20% of the time duration of the note (i.e. a 1 second note? With 20%, you must play the note not after 0.2 second)
◦ Length of the song: You can choose the number of the measures you need. Do you want to generate a random song with 15 measures? Or 45 measures? It is your choice!
◦ Generate notes and pauses randomly
◦ Tune of your instrument: Before to start, go in the tuning section. You can tune your guitar and 4-5-6 strings bass guitar
◦ Score: The app, as digital music coach, will provide you a score about how you have played your song
◦ Tick of the metronome: Select if listen/not listen to the tick of the metronome
◦ Save your song: You can save the random generated songs. Do you want to replay the performance, perhaps changing the speed of the beats, challenging for a higher precision, or hiding the name of the notes? You can do it
Sharp your skills and have fun with FollowTheNotes!
- Minor bug fixes
- Video session for learning how to use the app
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- MarFil Technology s.r.l.
- 174.1 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © copyright 2021
- In-App Purchases
- 1 year Plan. ₹ 1,699