ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 62.1-2013, Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality, sets minimum ventilation rates and other requirements for commercial and institutional buildings. Standard 62.1 has served the building industry and the public as the most prominent standard on ventilation for indoor air quality.
The "HVAC ASHRAE 62.1" iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad application allows you to perform comprehensive minimum ventilation rate calculations for a wide variety of commercial buildings based upon both the Standard 62.1-2007 and 2010/2013 versions. You can select which version to use by project so as to accommodate LEED requirements and more.
This app is loosely based upon the "62MZCalc.xls" Excel spreadsheet that accompanies each copy of the 62.1 User’s Manual (either the 2007 or 2010/2013 version). You can do pretty much everything in this app that you can do in the Excel spreadsheet, in addition to the following:
1. Store an unlimited number of projects, systems, and zones that can be accessed and modified at any time.
2. Quickly perform ventilation calcs in the field, then email the results for further analysis on your office computer.
3. By using slider-controls for the inputs, you can instantly see the results update as you increase or decrease the input values.
4. Access all 70+ ASHRAE 62.1 space types with "per person" and "per unit area" ventilation rates.
5. Create default project templates (with your company default values, for example) that can be used to create new projects.
6. Easily toggle between English (IP) and Metric (SI) units
7. Select to calculate according to the 2007 or 2010/2013 version of the Standard.
8. and more .....
The HVAC ASHRAE 62.1 app comes with full online help. In addition, full support and video tutorials (coming soon) are available at the support link located in iTunes.
We will periodically update this app based upon user feedback and will also release new versions along with new versions to the 62.1 Standard, itself.
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
1. Updated for ASHRAE 62.1-2013
2. Updated user interface
3. Optimized for iOS 8
4. Updated in-app icons (higher-res)
5. Updated help
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.