The MERIT App/Web portal displays extensive array of information regarding the merit order of Electricity procured by State(s) such as daily state-wise marginal variable costs of all generators, daily source-wise power purchases of respective states/UTs with source-wise fixed and variable costs, energy volumes and purchase prices. The web-portal also give information regarding reasons for deviation from merit order such as must run conditions, transmission constraints etc. The Web Portal can also be accessed at http://meritindia.in/.
Information available in the Portal shall help State Discoms to optimize their power procurement in more efficient way leading to lower cost of power to consumers. It will facilitate must run status for hydro and renewables and will promote use of green and clean power more transparently. It will also promote competition for lower costs as information will be available to all Stakeholders including generators and utilities for more efficient procurement. Since the information will be available to all consumers on continuous basis it will create pressure on utilities for continued efficiency.
The advantages of “Merit” Portal are as follows:
- Empowerment of the Consumer and participative governance
- Transparent information dissemination pertaining to marginal variable cost and source wise purchase of electricity
- Promotes economy and efficiency in operations
- Demystifies the utility portfolio and its complexity
- Optimization of the power procurement costs
- Facilitates renewable integration and handling of the variability and uncertainty of renewables
- Indication of supply side reliability, adequacy, and cost of power procurement.
Minor enhancements to ease user experience.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
- Power System Operation Corporation Limited
- 1 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Ministry of Power, Government of India
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.