Precision 2D vector drawing & design for the iPad, iPhone & iPod Touch.
Supports Apple Pencil on iPad Pro, updated for the new iPhone X.
Make professional quality designs, illustrations and technical drawings on the move using your fingers at last! iDesign has unique features and offset controls which allows you to draw accurately with your finger not getting in the way or blocking your view.
Full feature compatibility and automatic sync of designs via iCloud with XDesign (Mac version).
Check out the iDesign Product Tour (YouTube) & User Guide (PDF) - at www.touchaware.com.
- A universal app for both iPad and iPhone/iPod touch which adapts to the native screen size of the device.
- An unobtrusive icon based visual and context driven user interface with a full screen board view
- Toolbars and panels with easy access to frequently used functions for a fast work flow
Standard Tools & Functions
- Line, polyline, square, rectangle, circle, arc, ellipse, polygons, stars & path tools
- Copy and paste selected shapes and groups
- Group and ungroup shapes hierarchically to create complex designs
- Edit points, convert shapes to path, close shapes, add and remove points, break, weld, explode and join
- Precise rotation with ability to rotate at user defined center
- Object alignment tools
- Fill color and pen color swatches with opacity controls, custom RGB mixer
- Stroke width, line style, line caps and corner join styles, arrow ends and dash patters
- Text insertion with fonts, styles, sizes, paragraph alignments, multilingual, rotate/resize
- Set a background image for tracing/marking over it
- Insert images, copy, paste, move, resize and position them accordingly
- Multilevel Undo/Redo for all edit operations
- Create multiple layers to organize & separate design components
Unique Features for Touch Based Editing
- Offset handles for moving and positioning without your finger blocking the view
- Nudge controls, allows precise movement of selected shapes or selected points
- Delta transformations to apply incremental values by keyboard
Advanced Tools for Graphics Design
- Advanced path editing options for corner, smooth and symmetric control points, straighten and curve segments
- Text to path conversion
- Boolean operations on shapes, unite, intersect, subtract, exclude
- Freehand drawing, auto smoothened paths
- Gradients / color blends
Advanced Tools for Technical Drawing
- Circle and Arc tool based on center, start/end point, radius and angle of arc
- Dimensioning tools, length as well as angular with customisable settings
- Support for Feet+Inches+Fractions (U.S & older unit system) - Architectural formatting option for Dimensions - Dynamic grid supporting feet, inches and inch fractions at different zoom levels
Units & Board Setup
- Support for standard and custom board sizes.
- Set a drawing scale
- Full set of standard unit systems.
- Unit aware Grid with customisable settings
- Snap to grid, snap to object and points
- Unit aware rulers
Export/Import & Print
- Export designs to JPEG, PNG, PDF & SVG formats
- Import SVG files
- Share your designs with other iDesign users via Email
- Dropbox support for Export, Import
- AirPrint Support
Shape Library available as a subscription - US$11.99/year. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
Subscriptions can be managed in your iTunes Account Settings.
Changed Home menu button to Folder button which opens the Files menu for managing designs and files.
File button in Toolbox will now open the Files menu.
Ratings and Reviews
With the latest update of version 1.2, iDesign is getting closer to becoming 'full feature' design app on iPad. Or to an extent it's possible for any app to get closer to be one.
With addition of tools for polyline and polygon editing with newly added controls, numerical readouts to help precision of measurements, and most importantly for any design app, the facility to insert text and manipulate fonts, albeit with limited and basic typographic controls, iDesign certainly has fulfilled its promise made at the time of release of version 1.1.
I wonder though, with my stubby index finger, how far any one of these 'vector' design apps can help me produce a meaningful, professional design.
But it certainly took me back to those early days of DTP on Macintosh and assured me, with the benefit of hindsight, that it could be a promising beginning.
Great app !
It's an awesome app, you get everything that's promised in the description. Just a small thing to note - it's iOS 9 version isn't released and so it keeps crashing on my iPad and iPhone. Please provide the update and also please enable grasis editing(cropping images, effects,etc) if possible.
Fantastic iPad application for vector drawing
I was looking for something similar to Desktop equivalent of Freehand and Illustrator. I jumped into this app and bought after reading introduction. And I must say that this application has almost fulfilled my dream of what I was looking for. It has everything one could wish in an app for drawing. I think it is very good app. If you are looking for an app as a substitute for Desktop drawing app, look no further. This is the one. If anyone does know anything else as similar, please let me know.
- TouchAware Limited
- 45.2 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Welsh
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2018 TouchAware Limited
- ₹ 599
- In-App Purchases
- Shape Library ₹ 949
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.