JioHome Application has two features MyMedia and MyRemote.
MyRemote is the Mobile Remote Control for your Jio Set Top Box. It is designed to provide the experience of controlling your Jio Set Top Box using application instead of a physical Remote Control. All features / key functions of the physical Remote Control have been added into the Application to improve your overall experience.
MyMedia helps user to view and share contents with other devices connected over the same Wi-Fi network. User shall be allowed to create playlist for songs and albums for photos. There is an option to play contents over other renderer devices.
- Added Remote Access feature in MyMedia.
- Bug fixes and performance improvement.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Need a lot of improvements
I got JioFiber STB yesterday and though to setup remote via JioHome.
1. I dont have Jio sim. I used my registered number (seen in MyJio app and I am getting all SMSes) but it didn't work. But my wife's number worked and she got OTP even when her number is not registered at all.
2. The gaming remote is the worst of all I have seen in my entire life of 30+ years. Common guys, you cannot put Up-Down in Top-Left and Top-Right.
3. Whey isn't there a qwerty keyboard like numberpad. I need to keep the phone on if I reach a text box on TV. If I first go to text box on TV and then start app, it will not work.
4. Look at the Kodi mobile remotes around. They have option of gesture trackpad. That would be awesome to use without even looking at mobile. (let me know if you want the name of the app)
5. A question, media sharing takes good time when video is longer like 5-6min. Does it upload to server and consume bandwidth? Should'nt it just stream from mobile via lan?
Please try to add a keyboard to type on to the tv.
Keyboard support would be quite helpful given the difficulty on using a remote to type.
Update has made the app useless
I was happy with this app earlier when it didn’t require my phone number. It is not a chatting or social media app that needs phone number to connect to STB. Now this stupid app requires a bluetooth connection as well which makes no sense when you have a much more powerful & reliable wifi connection. It never connects with bluetooth but still keeps pestering me to turn on my bluetooth again & again.
- get rid of the needless phone number/otp requirement
- get rid of bluetooth connectivity or make it optional & stop the annoying “turn on your bluetooth” notifications
- I can’t access the keyboard in the app when connected via wifi, fix that as well
- Reliance Jio Digital Services Private Limited
- 114 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2019, Reliance Corporate IT Park Ltd. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.