Turn your iPhone or iPad into a Kindle with the free Kindle app, and carry all your eBooks with you, wherever you go.
eBooks (including those with narration) that you have purchased on Amazon will automatically appear in your app. Kindle Unlimited and Amazon Prime members can select and download eBooks directly in the app.
What you’ll get:
• Sample any eBook for free
• Magazines, newspapers, graphic novels and textbooks with high-res colour images
• A customisable reading experience with your choice of font style, size and more
• Comfortable reading day and night with adjustable screen brightness and page colour
• Discover and download Kindle Unlimited eBooks and magazines
• Unique features like X-Ray, Whispersync, Page Flip, Print Replica, flashcards and more
• Instant translations and definitions, without leaving the page
• Ability to make and share in-page highlights
• Bold font and text size options
• Access to local library eBooks
Kindle Vella and In-App purchase of Tokens are currently only available in the US.
By using this app, you agree to Amazon’s Conditions of Use (www.amazon.co.uk/conditionsofuse). Please see our Privacy Notice (www.amazon.co.uk/privacynotice), our Cookies Notice (www.amazon.co.uk/cookies) and our Interest-Based Ads Notice (www.amazon.co.uk/interestbasedads).
Several experience improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
My experience with Kindle
I’ve been using Kindle for a very long time. Though I’m drawn to paperbacks and buy them whenever I can, there’s no denying the advantages of having Kindle in your phone. You can read anything anywhere anytime—by which I mean the collection in your Kindle library—whether you’re travelling in the Metro, lying on your bed in a darkened room, waiting for someone to show up for an appointment, having tea at a chai shop, or getting a pedicure at the salon. Nothing beats Kindle when it comes to the ease of reading. It can be hard to carry and hold a heavy tome. Having said that, I affirm my love for good old paperbacks and respectable-looking hardbound books. Everything has its charm. Kindle is well worth a try.
Saviour for my reading habits
Once a voracious reader, I found less and less time for reading over the years. The Kindle app helped me continue my reading habits by allowing me to access and read my books in short snippets and throughout the day. Since I no longer needed a chunk of time to sit with my book to read through, I could read technically whenever I had 5 minutes - during commute, in a queue or while taking a break. The easy and enjoyable interface made the reading experience pleasurable rather than a task. Highly recommended for all bibliophiles.
Why you should download this app
Best app for readers like my usually I buy book but now I am reading books I want for free.I am twelve and I have a lot of free time so I found this app Kindle to read as many as books in my free time.I read in my free time and when it is the time of screen time ya like my mom loves this app so much couse now I don’t bother her by asking for more books or that I am bored. Now I am happy and my mom is too as I spend most of the time reading in this app and not watching tv. Conclusion : you should download this app
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AMZN Mobile LLC
- 142.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2022 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.
- In-App Purchases
- 140 Tokens - Kindle Vella (US) ₹ 179
- 368 Tokens - Kindle Vella (US) ₹ 449
- 770 Tokens - Kindle Vella (US) ₹ 899