The Kindle app gives users the ability to read eBooks on a beautiful, easy-to-use interface. You may also read your book on your phone, tablet and Kindle e-Reader, and Amazon Whispersync will automatically sync your most recent page read, bookmarks, notes, and highlights, so you can pick up right where you left off.
What you’ll get:
· Sample any eBook for free
· Discover and download popular fiction, graphic novels and textbooks with high-res color images through direct purchase and Kindle Unlimited subscriptions
· A customizable reading experience with your choice of 10 fonts, font size, line-spacing, text alignment and more
· Unique features like X-Ray, Whispersync, Print Replica, flashcards and more
· Instant definitions without leaving the page
· Comfortable reading experience with adjustable screen brightness and page color
· Ability to make in-page highlights
· Access to local library eBooks
· Side-by-side reading and note-taking
· The ability to export your notes
· Support for Text-to-Speech on devices running Mac OS X 10.14 or above
· Supports reading with Split View on devices running Mac OS X 10.14 or above
· For customers located within the European Union, United Kingdom, Brazil, or Turkey: By using this app, you agree to Amazon’s Conditions of Use applicable for your country. Please also see the applicable Privacy Notice, Cookies Notice, and Interest-Based Ads Notice for your country. Links to these terms and notices can be found in the footer of your local Amazon homepage.
· For all other customers: By using this app, you agree to the applicable Amazon Conditions of Use (e.g., www.amazon.com/conditionsofuse) and Privacy Notice (e.g., www.amazon.com/privacy) for your country. Links to these terms and notices can be found in the footer of your local Amazon homepage.
Kindle for Mac 1.40.2: This update includes stability improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
App is great but it crashes a lot
I used this application on my laptop(Samsung) to read all my pdf’s and books it works fine there but on Mac Whenever I open the app it closes by itself with no error, happening since the day one, the application works only when you open it 2-3 times after the crash, it is pretty annoying and irritating please fix it.
Feature loaded app and working fine
The latest update seems to have solved many issues including freequent crashes and glitches. As of now it's working pretty perfectly but could have been more swift and smooth. Hoping that next update will optize it and make it even better to use. Overall nice work being done. Cheers to developer team ❤︎
Keeps crashing; cannot use it at all
The Kindle app is super important for me because I prefer to buy a lot of my postgraduate coursework books on Kindle and make notes, highlight important passages etc.
While the features seem great, there are pretty much pointless because this app on my macbook has been crashing a few seconds after I open it every single time.
Note: I have now updated my Mac OS, removed the Kindle app and am reinstalling it in the hope that I will be able to use it. I will submit an updated feedback a few weeks from today.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AMZN Mobile LLC
- 116.2 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2009-2023 Amazon.com, Inc. or its Affiliates.