Learn a new language and start speaking like a native with Rosetta Stone.
Learning a new language has never been easier than with the new Rosetta Stone. The award-winning language solution combines proven learning methods with its proprietary speech recognition technology. Rosetta Stone is different because it works.
“Rosetta Stone is the gold standard when it comes to learning a new language.” - Mashable
“With its excellent user interface, clear instructions, a wide variety of games and challenges... Rosetta Stone has got it going on.” - TechCrunch
► LEARN INTUITIVELY THROUGH IMMERSION
Learn using our proven immersion method. Rosetta Stone carefully crafts sequences of words and images, so you can intuitively derive the meaning of each new phrase, without translations. The lessons recreate real-life scenarios, immersing you in the kind of situations you will encounter on holiday, at work or speaking with family.
► GET ACCESS TO 24 LANGUAGES
Choose from 24 languages: Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), Dutch, English (American or British), Filipino (Tagalog), French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Persian (Farsi), Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish (Latin American or Spain), Swedish, Turkish, or Vietnamese.
► 5-10 MINUTE BITE-SIZED LESSONS
Make progress one step at a time. Our bite-sized lessons fit into your busy day.
► PERFECT YOUR PRONUNCIATION
Start fine-tuning your pronunciation from the very first lesson with our patented TruAccent speech-recognition engine. You’ll be confident that you know what to say and how to say it.
► CUSTOM LEARNING PLANS
Maintain your focus with a personalised learning plan. You define your pace. Select a learning plan that matches your goals such as improving your communications at work, preparing for travel or speaking fluently with family and friends.
► OFFLINE MODE
Never miss a thing and continue learning even when you’re offline. Use Offline Mode to download units so you can complete them later, even offline.
• 2019 PCMag Editors Choice
• 2019 Tabby Awards Winner
• 2019 Best Mobile App Awards: Best Designed App and Best Overall App
Select a subscription:
We offer 3 and 12-month subscriptions — as well as a Lifetime option.
• For the first time, we’re offering every one of our languages in one subscription. Flip between languages as often as you’d like and enjoy the freedom to get seriously curious. To access, simply select Unlimited Languages when you subscribe.
• Get full access to all lessons, stories, and audio companion when you subscribe to Rosetta Stone.
• Payment will be charged to your Apple ID.
• Your account will be auto-renewed 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• Manage or cancel your subscription from your App Store User Settings at any time after purchasing. Payment will be taken until the end of the current period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Enterprise and Education Learners
• Unlimited use of Rosetta Stone's mobile app is available for existing Enterprise and Education Learners.
• Features may vary for Enterprise and Education Learners.
For questions or assistance, please visit http://support.rosettastone.com
• Includes various fixes and enhancements to improve your experience with Rosetta Stone.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Simple and Easy
A perfect handy app to learn a new language. It is simple and easy to use. The learning involves fun activities too! Its super interactive , and i would recommend it to all new bees out there who want to master themselves with a new language.
The Unlimited Language subscription may seem like a great deal at first, but buyer beware,
Rosetta Stone definitely has it’s limitations:
- Most language packs don’t provide any core lesson translations at all, which is an essential feature provided by other language learning apps. It’s no wonder they’re selling all languages in one promo pack, because they’re really not worth buying individually given that most of them don’t have any translations.
- The speech recognition software is perhaps the worst part of the app that creates a very lousy learning experience. It takes way too long to process audio, and it repeatedly marks correct pronunciations as being incorrect. It will try to falsely attribute the issue to poor microphone quality, but whether I’m providing correct pronunciations while using my Airpods or my built-in iPhone mic, the problem remains the same as the issue is with their poorly developed speech recognition software.
- Overall the app is very buggy with lessons not loading, requiring to open and close the app often to resume lessons, fully completed lessons still being marked as ‘in progress’ after logging back in, and offline mode draining and overheating the iPhone battery.
So don’t believe the hype, Rosetta Stone is definitely not the gold standard of language learning. It’s no Vulcan Academy and is still very much stuck in the stone age as basic features don’t work properly creating a very disappointing learning experience.
unsatisfactory and unreliable
Horrible app. It's slow in loading, has several bugs viz. it doesn't record completion correctly. Sometimes we see an image linked to the wrong description, which is especially alarming because we're trying to learn a new language. There were instances when the description heard, didn't match the description written. It's challenging to rely on this app, particularly when corporates are signing up for it to train their resources. There's no lesson on explaining the nuances of the language wrt grammar. It's just exercises, no theory before getting in to those lessons. It operates differently in the desktop as compared to the app. There's a need to make it quicker and definitely more accurate.
- Rosetta Stone Ltd.
- 350.4 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 and watchOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2013 Rosetta Stone Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Languages - 1 Year ₹ 3,999
- French 12 Months Access ₹ 8,500
- Spanish 12 Months Access ₹ 8,500
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.