Join over 42 million people. Have fun. Learn your fave language and impress the hell out of yourself with what you can achieve. Let real native speakers teach you their language from the streets of their home town through our Learn with Locals video clips.
Give us a try – your first lesson's on the house.
Choose your language:
French, Spanish, German, Japanese, Korean, Italian, Chinese, Portuguese, Russian, Arabic, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Polish, Turkish, Danish, Icelandic, Mongolian or Slovenian.
Here's why we're different:
We've got killer learning science behind the scenes. It speeds up your learning and helps you remember your new words, as if your mind keeps hitting the save button. Not that you'd notice. You're too busy watching fun video clips, seeing real locals in bucket-list destinations and playing little quiz-type games. The opposite of textbook learning.
Wherever you Memrise, you're a million miles from the classroom.
Then the good bit happens. You're in the moment, a local wants to talk. Do you freeze up? No. Not on our watch. You recall the key phrases you learned. You speak naturally. Not perfect but it's still good banter. You aren't worried. You're just going for it. You're off-the-charts confident.
Download Memrise to:
- Learn with locals: we took real native speakers and shrunk them into the app. Your miniature friends help you learn fun, conversational phrases. A few swear words too.
- Practice games: our science does one-to-one coaching with your mind, while you have fun with Speed Review, Listening Skills, and Classic Review. Our Difficult Words sessions, powered with Apple's Core ML, is designed to help you master those trickier words.
- Improve your pronunciation: so when you say 'beaucoup' (a lot) you never accidentally say it 'beau cul' (nice ass). Record yourself and our smart tech will tell you if you got it right or need to try again.
- Learn anywhere: download your course to learn in places that don't have signal and seem to be stuck in the 80s.
- Build an entertaining habit: learn as much or as little as you want. You only need 5 minutes a day to improve. Perfect for making your loo break a lot more fun.
You need a Memrise subscription to access all courses and features. But the courses and features that are available vary depending on the language of your device.
• Once your purchase is confirmed, your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account.
• Subscriptions automatically renew unless you cancel at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period.
• Your account is charged for renewal within 24-hours before the current subscription period ends.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewals by going to your Account Settings on the App Store.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to that publication.
Follow us on social media for inspiration on your foray into the language learning world:
* Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/memrise/
* Twitter: https://twitter.com/memrise
* Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/memrise/
In this update:
Fresh lick of paint, checked the oil, pumped the tyres, just a bit of a tune-up.
- We fixed a few buttons that weren't displaying properly
- Our designers popped in some new images
- General bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
With Memrise, language learning’s a game—the irresistible kind that anyone can pick up and play. It teaches you everyday words and phrases—perfect for your next trip abroad—and reinforces them with fun quizzes and playful images. We get an awesome sense of progress every time we use it.
Add Hungarian and Finnish language
This app is too good! This is the best language learning app out there I must say. And it’s also free. I have been learning Deutsch with this app and now I can almost speak and chat with German people. But please can you add Hungarian, as I can’t think of other apps to learn that. And also Finnish as my brother wants to learn that language.
Please resolve the issues
Hi, I use the Memrise App quite a lot. I have a Pro subscription and I’m currently learning Dutch. However, lately, I’m facing way too many issues. The app seems to always ‘forget’ my progress, showing me starting off at Level 1, Lesson 1 and I need to refresh it (close and reopen the app) several times to get back the progress I had. Then, when I’m in a flight and out of data coverage, despite downloading the courses prior, the courses can’t be found and since there’s no internet, I can’t see my progress and nothing loads. And then I need to download the courses again. I fly 3-hour flights 6 times a week and Memrise and Pimsleur are how I use the time. I hate watching movies and series, thus there’s no Netflix etc... so please guys, the pain is real! Please resolve these for me. I’m using an iPhone XS Max.
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear about your misadventures with the app! Could you please email me at email@example.com mentioning your username? I will try and help you as quick as I can.
Fanny from Memrise
- 336 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Memrise
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Language Learning Plan ₹ 199
- Annual Language Learning Plan ₹ 1,199
- Memrise Subscription Offer ₹ 2,849
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.