LightBlue® Explorer can connect you to all of your devices that use Bluetooth Low Energy (also known as Bluetooth Smart, or Bluetooth Light).
LightBlue® Explorer has two modes, central and peripheral. In central mode, you can scan for and connect to all BLE devices around you. Once connected, you have a detailed view of all the device's profiles, from which you can read and write to characteristics and subscribe to notifications.
To enter BLE peripheral mode, navigate to the "Virtual Devices" tab and tap on the "+" icon to create a virtual device. When the blue checkmark is checked for a device, your iOS device is advertising as that particular BLE peripheral. LightBlue® Explorer allows you to customize the services and characteristics of any virtual peripheral profile. You can also clone any peripheral you connect to in central mode and save that profile to your list of virtual peripherals—simply connect to a device and tap on the "Clone" button on the top right of the screen.
Full support of read, write, and notify is included. You can view the signal strength (RSSI) to get an idea of how close you are to the peripheral.
The log tab allows you to keep track of all significant BLE events that occur while using the app (e.g., device discovery, connection, reading, writing), and you can share the content of the log.
Use LightBlue® Explorer to test your new BLE Heart Rate Monitor, temperature sensor, TI CC2540 Keyfob, Nordic uBlue, Panasonic PAN1720, etc. LightBlue® Explorer is also ideal for developers wanting to test the firmware of their own BLE peripherals.
- Scan and discover Bluetooth peripherals in the vicinity
- See basic device info (UUID, RSSI)
- Browse services and characteristics
- Register for notifications and indications
- Send data from notifications and indications to AWS IoT or Adafruit IO via our Cloud Connect feature
- Read values from characteristics
- Write to characteristics in Hex, Oct, Bin, Decimal or ASCII
- Clone peripheral profiles
- Choose from an array of common, preconfigured peripheral profiles
- Advertise as a peripheral using custom profiles
- Thoroughly log and share BLE events
- Added support for iOS 13's Dark Mode
- Additional bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent for testing ....
Not searching moto 360
The app shows Huawei Watch as a nearby peripheral but does not search Moto 360.
Also it needs to be paired every single time to my Moto 360. Why cannot it remember the watch and auto connect ?
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.