The Med2Med iPhone app is an extension of TeleMed’s medical answering services to allow medical staff to directly request a callback from the on call doctor for patient issues without having to call and speak to a TeleMed live operator. This tool was created to allow medical professionals to communicate without the need for call screening from a TeleMed live operator, while maintaining all the tools for managing the message and having TeleMed’s follow up and close out procedures remain in place. Simply put, the message is created via the app instead of by a TeleMed live operator.
Medical staff can enter important patient information and their call back information with HIPAA Compliance by protecting any Personal Health Information (PHI).
How does it work?
TeleMed customer service will onboard your approved medical staff by setting up login credentials for the Med2Med application. The app users can be employees or non-employees, such as the staff at a hospital the practice interfaces with on a regular basis.
Upon setup the medical staff can send messages with important patient information to the doctor that is on call along with their callback information so they can discuss the patient’s case.
The app simply replaces the method by which information enters the TeleMed system. Delivery, response, follow up, and close all are handled the same as a message that is called in from that point. Doctors receive a new message push notification on the MyTeleMed app. The message will contain the message sender’s Hospital, Medical Group, and Patient Information (Location / Room, Vitals, Post Operation).
Doctors can call back the message sender via the MyTeleMed app which uses the user defined office number on the Caller ID to keep their cell phone number private.
Doctors’ comments and callbacks on messages are logged with the time and duration of the call and even provide an option to record the call.
For an extra layer of message delivery assurance, TeleMed creates a customized escalation procedure that repeats messages or calls you within timelines you set. If you cannot be reached, the call is escalated to others per your instructions. You can manage your escalation procedures through our website or by contacting a TeleMed service representative by phone.
In addition to unquestionable HIPAA compliance some of the Med2Med app’s benefits include:
• Messages will contain the message urgency, Hospital, Medical Group, and Patient Information to include Location / Room, Vitals, Post Operation, and any additional patient information.
• Messages reside on a web based server, accessed by your phone by distinct user name and password protection.
• Complete Documentation From Message Origination To Call Back. • Custom escalation based on message read or call back events.
• Access Customer Service 24/7 with a simple link from within the app.
Get Your Medical Practice or Hospital Started With the Med2Med App Today!
Fix appearance of new message screen
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- TeleMed Inc.
- 5.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- 2018 © TeleMed, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.