Capture your thoughts, discoveries, and ideas in your very own digital notebook using OneNote for Mac. Now it is easier than ever capture your thoughts, add pictures or files, and share notes across your devices and with others. Share your notes and collaborate in real time with colleagues or friends. Type anywhere on this free-form canvas, use a digital pen to write or draw, and add pictures and files right in your notes. Whether you’re at home, in the office, or on the go, OneNote in your go-to digital notebook.
• Write memos, make a digital sketchbook, or jot down notes.
• Save pictures of whiteboards, photos or printed documents in your notes. Take a picture, crop, and insert right into OneNote.
• Highlight can’t-miss notes with Important and To Do tags.
• Use a variety of digital pen colors and settings to create handwritten notes and drawings.
• Draw with confidence with tools like “Convert to Shapes” which automatically converts hand drawn shapes into crisp, perfectly regular polygons and circles.
Organize, Search and Secure
• Organize your notes in a way that works for you using tabs, labels, and color coding to keep track of all your projects.
• Create, rename, search, sort, and copy pages, sections, and entire notebooks.
• Find your most recent notes quickly and pin the pages you most use to the top.
• Secure your notes with a password and control permissions when sharing with others.
• Track daily to-dos, flag questions to raise after a meeting, or mark important points.
Collaborate and Share
• Share ideas and your notes with friends and colleagues.
• Collaborate in real time using a shared notepad.
• Sync your notes to the cloud (OneDrive, OneDrive for Business*, and SharePoint), making it easy to access your notes anywhere.
*For you to sign in to OneDrive for Business, your organization needs to have a qualifying SharePoint Online or Office 365 business subscription plan. You cannot sign in with an account from an on-premises directory.
Learn more about Microsoft 365
Microsoft 365 is a cloud-based subscription service that brings together premium versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneDrive, with the best tools for the way people work today. Please visit: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2015120 for information on Licensing Terms.
Unlock the full Microsoft Office experience with a qualifying Microsoft 365 subscription for your phone, tablet, PC, and Mac.
Microsoft 365 annual subscriptions purchased from the app will be charged to your App Store account and will automatically renew within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period unless auto-renewal is disabled beforehand. You can manage your subscriptions in your App Store account settings.
This app is provided by either Microsoft or a third-party app publisher and is subject to a separate privacy statement and terms and conditions. Data provided through the use of this store and this app may be accessible to Microsoft or the third-party app publisher, as applicable, and transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States or any other country where Microsoft or the app publisher and their affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
This month’s update is bug fixes only.
Thanks for using OneNote! We listened to your feedback and updated the application with optimizations to help improve your note taking experience.
Having trouble? Send feedback in the app by clicking on the smiley face in the top-right of the app.
Have an idea? Add to our feature suggestion box at https://aka.ms/onenote-mac-suggest
Ratings and Reviews
Very intuitive, great user experience
This is a great tool and a must-have for just about anybody. Becomes all the more indispensable when you consider that there is integration into browsers (as plugins) allowing for clipping content from just about anywhere. Very smooth, opens quick and does not get in the way at all. Not a huge memory hog from what ive gathered as well. Good user experience all through. The layout is simple and gets you started quickly and the buttons/toolbars choices is very logical and the features all seem sensibly implemented without going overboard. I wish it had a ruler option for those odd times when you want to be exact. Maybe a future version may have it as an opt-in option. Perhaps ive missed the feature if its already built in, but maybe some bare-basic resposniveness may also be useful. For example maybe i may want to have a picure or paragraph that ive positioned on my larger screen to fit across to do the same on the mobile version of the app as well.
Onenote is still the king for Note-taking for the amout of features it provides for Note-taking. The ability to organise notes to sections and further pages may not be liked by everyone for those people apps like bear, evernote exist.
Evernote provides a mix of features between Bear and Onenote, the only problem being it is considered too bloated by some people.
Onenote has had occasional performance hiccups but now it has improved significantly.
What I would like Microsoft to provide is the ability to save notes online as the stand-alone app of Onenote 2016 used to provide.
Excellent App with minor issues
On the whole, OneNote is the best note taking app out there- works great with all OS's and devices. Also has a strong web-app to boot.
I've been using it for almost 15 years now, and no matter how hard I try to switch to other note-taking apps (including the popular paid ones for Mac)- I always end up coming back to this.
- Excellent cross platform versions
- Lovely merging of a notebook structure with an open canvas layout
- Good annotation tools (not the best though)
- MacOS version has improved by leaps and bounds (In IWindows- OneNote 2016 still rules)
- Biggest con is the now cloud-only storage.
- Syncing of the tag list is a little onerous
- Versions for different OS's have nagging differences in useful functions (for example,
-- Windows App has the option to revert to classic notebook panes, MacOS version does not
-- MacOS version has the ability to customize the drawing shapes (color, thickness, etc.) while the Windows version does not (so a drawing shape tool customized on a Mac will sync to a Windows device with no way to re-configure it again)
-- Windows version has the ability to download images automatically, the Mac version does not have it- so each page needs to be selected for images to download)
- Usage of header styles and tables can be enhanced and made more feature rich.
All in all, small bugs and issues- still the best in class.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 484.4 MB
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Microsoft 365 Personal ₹ 4,899
- Microsoft 365 Family ₹ 6,100
- Microsoft 365 Personal ₹ 9,900
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.