Application to mirror the screen of your iPhone or iPad to any Sony Smart TV. No wires and no additional hardware needed! You can mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your Sony TV.
This works on any Sony Smart TV from the 2012 models onward.
In using the app, there will be a couple of seconds of latency (usually between 1 and 3). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more!
How the app works:
1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same local network as your Sony TV. Don't use multiple VLANs, a VPN or subnets.
2. Launch the Mirror for Sony TV app. It will start looking for your Sony TV(s) on your local network. When a TV is found, please select it. When you use this app for the first time, depending on your model Sony TV, the TV might ask you to "allow" the connection. In that case, take your TV Remote Control and press OK to allow the connection from your TV to your iPhone or iPad.
3. Turn on notifications for this app. We will not spam you, but we will use this to let you know if your TV is working correctly or not. So please, please allow it, otherwise when things don't work as they should, you are left in the dark.
4. Click on Start Mirroring to start mirroring on the TV that is currently selected. After that, you can just go to any other app on your iPhone or iPad and the mirroring just continues to run.
5. To stop mirroring, there are two options. (1) click on the red top bar that you will see on your iPhone or iPad. (2) Go to the Mirror for Sony TV app and click on Stop Mirroring.
Limitations and known issues:
Some apps block Screen Mirroring. This means that application developers can choose themselves if they want to block Screen Mirroring. For instance, Netflix, Disney and AppleTV+ have decided to block this.
There is a simple test that you can do to see if the app that you want to mirror has blocked Screen Mirroring:
Open that particular app and slide up Control Center on your iPhone/iPad. Then, click on Screen Recording and start recording the screen to your Camera Roll. Watch the app that you want to mirror and at some point stop the screen recording. Then go to your Photos app and watch the video that was recorded. If the recorded video shows the app you want to mirror, it works fine. If the video is empty, then the app you want to mirror does not allow Screen Mirroring.
About Screen Recording and Privacy
Even though there are notifications about Screen Recording, we don't record your screen into files and we don't send any content to a server. We only temporarily store data in memory, before it is streamed to TV. Upon streaming, the content is removed from memory.
If you have questions or would like to provide feedback, please send us an e-mail or chat with us on our Facebook page.
When you like the app, please don't forget to give it a positive rating! Thanks in advance from the AirBeamTV development team!
Please give us feedback by mailing to email@example.com
- Optimization for Sony Android TVs.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I’ve made this purchase of the same application and since I’m very disappointed as the application has not worked as expected, though I made a wrong decision thinking of the app is paid and will work for sure but got fooled in reverse so it’s my humble request that please refund my purchase amount dated 03-Feb-2019 and your effort will be appreciated.
Developer Response ,
Hi, can you contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to explain in what way the app is not working for you? We are very keen to provide a perfect experience for all of our users and if there is something unclear in how the app works, we are here to help you. Please contact us, either via e-mail, Facebook Messenger or through the “send diagnostics information” option in the app. Our support staff is available 24/7 to help you. Thanks!
Lag on 15 seconds
Its play on my iphone I connect my Sony tv its lag on 15sec and some quality issues on playing tv buffering
Developer Response ,
Hi Nikhil004, with regards to the latency, normally, on a Sony TV, you should experience between 1 and 3 seconds latency. If you are seeing more latency than that, please send us your diagnostics information (you can do this from within the app, please refer to this review in the comment field). When we receive this information, we can check if there is something amiss in the communication between your Sony TV and your iPhone in your local network.
I have downloaded this app to mirror my Sony Bravia 32W672G. But the time lag is so huge that it is frustrating to mirror the screens. I am hugely disappointed and I want a refund back. Kindly do the same at the earliest.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for your purchase. We regret to hear that you are having issues with the latency. This should be around 1-3 seconds. However, there are a number of reasons that can be the source of this problem (e.g. network, computer or TV settings). Please contact us either via e-mail (email@example.com), Facebook Messenger or through the “send diagnostic information” option in the app. Our support staff is available 24/7 to help you out. Thanks!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.