Application to mirror the screen of your iPhone or iPad to any Sony Smart TV. No wires and no additional hardware needed! You can mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your Sony TV.
This works on any Sony Smart TV from the 2012 models onward.
In using the app, there will be a couple of seconds of latency (usually between 1 and 3). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming.
However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more!
How the app works:
1. Make sure that your iPhone or iPad is connected to the same local network as your Sony TV. Don't use multiple VLANs, a VPN or subnets.
2. Launch the Mirror for Sony TV app. It will start looking for your Sony TV(s) on your local network. When a TV is found, please select it. When you use this app for the first time, depending on your model Sony TV, the TV might ask you to "allow" the connection. In that case, take your TV Remote Control and press OK to allow the connection from your TV to your iPhone or iPad.
3. Turn on notifications for this app. We will not spam you, but we will use this to let you know if your TV is working correctly or not. So please, please allow it, otherwise when things don't work as they should, you are left in the dark.
4. Click on Start Mirroring to start mirroring on the TV that is currently selected. After that, you can just go to any other app on your iPhone or iPad and the mirroring just continues to run.
5. To stop mirroring, there are two options. (1) click on the red top bar that you will see on your iPhone or iPad. (2) Go to the Mirror for Sony TV app and click on Stop Mirroring.
Limitations and known issues:
Some apps block Screen Mirroring. This means that application developers can choose themselves if they want to block Screen Mirroring. For instance, Netflix, Disney and AppleTV+ have decided to block this.
There is a simple test that you can do to see if the app that you want to mirror has blocked Screen Mirroring:
Open that particular app and slide up Control Center on your iPhone/iPad. Then, click on Screen Recording and start recording the screen to your Camera Roll. Watch the app that you want to mirror and at some point stop the screen recording. Then go to your Photos app and watch the video that was recorded. If the recorded video shows the app you want to mirror, it works fine. If the video is empty, then the app you want to mirror does not allow Screen Mirroring.
About Screen Recording and Privacy
Even though there are notifications about Screen Recording, we don't record your screen into files and we don't send any content to a server. We only temporarily store data in memory, before it is streamed to TV. Upon streaming, the content is removed from memory.
If you have questions or would like to provide feedback, please send us an e-mail or chat with us on our Facebook page.
When you like the app, please don't forget to give it a positive rating! Thanks in advance from the AirBeamTV development team!
Please give us feedback by mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Improvements in video streaming quality
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I’ve made this purchase of the same application and since I’m very disappointed as the application has not worked as expected, though I made a wrong decision thinking of the app is paid and will work for sure but got fooled in reverse so it’s my humble request that please refund my purchase amount dated 03-Feb-2019 and your effort will be appreciated.
Developer Response ,
Hi, can you contact us on email@example.com to explain in what way the app is not working for you? We are very keen to provide a perfect experience for all of our users and if there is something unclear in how the app works, we are here to help you. Please contact us, either via e-mail, Facebook Messenger or through the “send diagnostics information” option in the app. Our support staff is available 24/7 to help you. Thanks!
please refund my money since it was paid i tght it would work but this app is not working also i downloaded as it showed 3 days free trial but i hardly can find any options to unsubcribe this app.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for your purchase. We regret that you are having some issues installing the app. However, errors can also happen because of local settings (e.g. network, computer, TV). Please contact us either via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), Facebook Messenger or through the “send diagnostic information” option in the app. Our support staff is available 24/7 to get you up and running. Thanks!
This is a one time purchase app only. NO MONTHLY FEES.
When you are unsatisfied with a purchase on the App Store, you can always get a refund from Apple. This is how that works: http://bit.ly/mac-refund.
Issues with the app
I played on my iPhone 11 Pro Max and I connected to my Sony TV . It’s lag on 10 sec and not working properly and it’s very slow . Please Refund my money as it was paid application Thanks you
Developer Response ,
Hi, thanks for your purchase. We regret to hear that you are having issues with the latency. This should be around 1-3 seconds. However, there are a number or reasons that can be the source of this problem (e.g. network (not the same as internet speed), computer or TV settings). Please contact us either via email (email@example.com), Facebook Messenger or through the “send diagnostic information” option in the app. Our support staff is available 24/7 to help you out. Thanks!
Please also make sure to turn down the sound of your device and turn up the sound on your TV. Lip Sync should be fine this way.
When you are unsatisfied with a purchase on the App Store, you can always get a refund from Apple. This is how that works: https://bit.ly/mac-refund.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.