Music Memos is the easiest way for songwriters to capture and organise new musical ideas. Use your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to record acoustic guitar, piano, voice or any musical instrument as high-quality, uncompressed audio. Then name, tag and rate your ideas to start building a library of all your favourite new song parts and riffs. Music Memos automatically detects your tempo, rhythmic feel and chords and lets you instantly hear your musical idea accompanied by a rhythm section with realistic drums and bass. View the chords you’ve played, add comments and lyrics, or share your recordings with friends or directly to Apple Music Connect.* And it’s easy to take your favourite ideas into GarageBand to add more instruments and continue building your song.
Quickly capture musical ideas
• Easily record any musical idea using a simple interface
• Instantly listen to your recorded song ideas with a virtual drummer and bass player, who follow along like a live band in the room
• Adjust the groove and sound of the drum or bass using simple and intuitive controls to hear your song idea in different ways
• Tune your guitar with a built-in instrument tuner
Build a library of song ideas
• Name any song idea, or delete unwanted recordings
• Tag your song ideas to help you find them later using keywords like verse, chorus, mellow, energetic, or add your own custom tags
• Rate your song idea 1–5 stars to help you identify your favourites
• Supports iCloud Drive so your library of song ideas is always safe and available across all your iOS devices
View, edit and document your song ideas
• Automatically analyses the music you played and displays musical measures and suggested chord names
• Rename or provide further detail for any chord names throughout your song
• The drum and bass performances adapt immediately to match any chord and rhythm edits
• Trim away any unwanted parts from the beginning and end of your recording
• Keep track of comments, lyric ideas, alternative guitar tunings or capo position
Share your new song
• Use iCloud Drive to make your song ideas available across all your iOS devices
• Email any song idea to a friend to share your music, or to collaborate with other musicians
• Quickly open your idea in GarageBand for iOS to add more instruments and keep building your song
• Export a song idea to the Mac so you can work in GarageBand or Logic Pro X as a full multi-track production
• Share to SoundCloud, YouTube and Apple Music Connect*
*Requires Apple Music Connect account
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app yet some feature requests
First of all, amazing concept from Apple for making such an app for music composers/musicians.... Although Music memo is a bit slow compared to voice memo.... atleast thats what I experienced...
and a feature request.....
Please add a Folder option for organising the recorded ideas even better. Thank you
Great app looking forward for these enhancements
This app is really cool it would be nice to have this features which will make this app Great recording tool
Video : app should allow to record videos so that users like me can record the audition videos.
Apps like Garage band and iMovie does not have this feature we can’t record video from those as well it makes sense to add video recording feature in it.
This is the best Apple App I have used
I had downloaded the app quite sometime back but did not use it. When I gave it a try, I was really pleased. This is an awesome app. Recorded some cover with guitar and the chords that it gave are like 90% accurate. The tuner is also very accurate. Looking forward to new exciting enhancements on the app.
- Apple Distribution International
- 157.3 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.