We all live rich lives full of meaningful moments worth reliving and wisdom worth passing down. My Stories Matter is a collaborative reminiscing app, for yourself, family, and close friends that helps make sure your memories and wisdom are never lost.
Reminisce about your thrilling adventures with old friends. Preserve and pass down those delicious recipes Grandma used to make. Save those special memories of a loved one who is no longer with us. These are just some of the countless examples of precious memories we never want to forget.
Built in consultation with psychology professors, we leverage the latest academic research on reminiscing, nostalgia, and memory recall to help you remember and record memories to enrich your life as well as the lives of your loved ones.
My Stories Matter is influenced by how we tell and share stories in real life. We want to help you share your stories, memories, and experiences safely, securely, and confidentially.
• [Collaboration] allows you to fill in the missing pieces of the puzzle. Relive the full memory by capturing the perspectives of family and friends who were there. Easily see who wrote what with automatic color-coding.
• [Memory Cues and Prompts] provide you with the sparks to remember memories that you thought were lost forever. They come in the form of songs, movies, cultural events, and more. They are designed to be personalized to each person, offering an immersive nostalgic experience.
• [MindPopsTM] are exactly what they sound like. Sometimes as we go through everyday life, a memory suddenly pops into your mind. Wherever you are, quickly capture that fleeting memory before it escapes you. Come back when you have time and flesh out the full memory.
• [FlavorsTM] allows you to create different versions of a single memory. Most of the time when we share stories, we tell a slightly different version depending on the audience. Our patent-pending feature allows you to do just that. Your kids may get one version, your best friends another.
• [Granular sharing options] give you complete control over who can see each one of your memories. We understand that some of your memories are more private than others. Only share what you want, with who you want.
• [Privacy] is our #1 priority. We don’t share your data to third parties and we certainly do not sell your data. We at My Stories Matter have our own memories, childhood photos, family vacations, and life advice stored on the app as well. We don’t want our stories and wisdom sold to the highest bidder and we know that you don’t either.
WHY DO MY STORIES MATTER?
"Nostalgia helps bring your psychological state back into balance. It elevates your mood and your deflated self-esteem...You come out of the experience with a stronger sense of belonging." (Clay Routledge, PhD, North Dakota State University)
“The stories of the past provide a source of affirmation, hope, and belief that their legacy will be preserved.” (Andrea Bjornestad, PhD, South Dakota State University)
“The more children know about their family background the more well-adjusted they are, the better they do in school, and the more resilient they are." (Marshall Duke, PhD, Emory University)
“Couples feel closer and look happier when they’re sharing nostalgic memories.” (Tim Wildschut, PhD, University of Southampton)
"[Older people] value emotional goals over other goals... And, older adults use positive memories to help regulate their emotional state." (Mara Mather, PhD, University Southern California & Laura Carstensen, PhD, Stanford University)
"Group-based reminiscence therapy, was reported as successful in reducing both social isolation and depression." (Franck, Molyneaux, & Parkinson; Quality of Life Research)
"I believe that without memories there is no life, and that our memories should be of happy times." (Lee Radziwill)
1. Updated guided tour for better user experience.
2. A few bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- CueBack Technology Inc.
- 86 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 My Stories Matter
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.