Welcome to Notability: powerful, yet wonderfully simple note-taking and PDF annotation.
Apple Editors' Choice on iPad, iPhone, and Mac! Top selling paid app on iPad App Store, regularly ranked #1.
Students, teachers, and business professionals use Notability daily to enrich their lives. It is uniquely designed for each device to provide the best note-taking experience at school, home, and work.
CREATE MEMORABLE MULTI-MEDIA NOTES
• Work with a variety of note-taking, journaling, and drawing tools like ink, highlighter, text, and audio.
• Leave room for ideas with infinite page scroll.
• Mark up imported or scanned textbooks, documents, forms, and images.
• Add photos, GIFs, web pages, and more.
STAY ORGANIZED, PAPER-FREE
• Go paperless and keep your notes with you, without the weight, the hassle or the waste.
• Group notes with customizable subjects and dividers.
• Quickly search handwriting*, typed text, PDF text, image text, and note titles.
• Secure notes using Face ID and Touch ID.
HANDWRITE AND SKETCH NATURALLY
• Create custom colors and match any color with the color dropper.
• Ink is fine-tuned for the Apple Pencil for the most responsive, precise writing experience yet, including double-tap gesture for switching tools, erasing, and more.
• Easily create perfect shapes.
• Precisely erase freehand ink or shapes with varied brush sizes.
RECORD AND PLAYBACK AUDIO
• Get more out of your lectures and meetings when you record them.
• Notes are automatically synced with audio recordings so you can replay what was said while you wrote.
SHARE IDEAS IN PRESENTATION MODE
• Present ideas in full screen without distracting toolbars when connected to an external display.
• Engage the audience with all of Notability's tools including a Laser Pointer.
• Use Multi-Note to view a secondary note that stays hidden from the audience while presenting.
DO MORE WITH MULTI-NOTE
• Work with two notes side-by-side.
• Quickly switch between notes with the Note Switcher.
• Drag & Drop handwriting, typed text, images, and more between notes.
• Full-featured, left-aligned typing with word count and a wide range of fonts, custom fonts, sizes, and colors.
• Create outlines, interactive checklists, and text boxes.
• Save time with keyboard shortcuts.
IMPORT AND SHARE
• Import PDFs, DOCs, PPTs, images, GIFs, and more - conversion to PDF happens on your device, so information stays private.
• Annotate imported pictures, lecture slides, and meeting agendas, or complete class assignments.
• Easily create searchable multi-page PDFs using the built-in Document Scanner.
AUTO-BACKUP AND ICLOUD SYNC
• Use iCloud to automatically sync your notes to Notability on iPad, iPhone, and Mac, or to retrieve previous versions of your notes.
• Use Auto-backup to send your notes to a cloud service for archiving or recovery. Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV, and OneDrive are all supported!
*Available for in-app purchase (included with Education Volume Purchase Program):
SEARCH AND CONVERT HANDWRITTEN NOTES
• Search for handwritten words from the Library and in the note view in any of our 15 supported languages.
• Convert handwriting to text.
• It all happens on your device, so your information stays private.
Mac app sold separately.
Notability is a registered trademark of Ginger Labs, Inc.
*** What's New in 9.3.3 ***
• Added an option to draw text boxes when using the text tool
• Added 4 laser pointer colors and the ability to hold the laser tail
• Password protected PDFs can now be unlocked on import
• Image captions are now optional
• Added an option to hide the preview when playing back audio
• Added multiple screen display size options to Presentation Mode
• Miscellaneous bug fixes
***What’s new in Notability 9.3***
• Present a note to an external display in full screen without toolbars and menus
• Note will crop to the external display aspect ratio so you know what’s being presented
• Laser Pointer
• Use Multi-Note to view a secondary note that stays hidden from the audience while presenting
Single Page Mode:
• Flip through a note horizontally one page at a time
• Works well with Presentation Mode, so pages feel like slides
• Larger page up/down arrows
• Zoom Box can now be enabled with a finger tap while using Apple Pencil
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
We rely on this sleek, powerful note-taker to annotate documents, record lectures, sketch illustrations, and more. With built-in iCloud support, it’s perfect for keeping notes, documents, and doodles up to date on both iPhone and iPad.
Great pros and Great cons
This app has some extremely strong and appealing features which somehow make it the app I use for taking down notes. well first off it’s just clean, smooth and easy to use. The current features of searching your handwritten text and opening two notebooks at once are really awesome additions. Everything it does it does like a pro, almost all things.
One of the greatest cons is making diagrams. It is pain!!! I make a few lines, and I want to rub a small area and all of them disappear completely! I mean come on, I can’t erase a part of a line? It will be great if you are a good artist but I’m not that good, especially on the smooth surface of the screen and in the middle of an intense lecture where I don’t have the luxury of time. A geometry toolbox with essential geometries such as rectangles, circles, arrows, dotted lines, TABLES!! etc should be provided in the main screen area, not is some different window with confusing tools!!!
Besides these I would also like to have the option of setting up my own line spacing on paper. One is too small and the next is too large!
If these things are taken into account I would be more than happy to give it a 5 star rating, but with the difficulties I face while making diagrams and making tables(I’m an engineering student) 3 stars is the maximum I can give
Best app but improvement needed
It is one of the best app available on iOS. But requires some improvements like highlighter in which on multiple times highlighting the text become invisible, highlighting must be in background of text. Secondly, there must be at least 3 pen colours available in the tool bar for fast and easy access. Thirdly, there should be some type of page margin guide should be available on each page and lastly and most importantly the number of options of line gap on the page available should be increased especially there must be another option between smallest gap and second smallest gap between lines the smallest gap is too small and second largest becomes twice as large as smallest, there must be a intermediate option to available too. Also if possible please add a leaser option so that while casting the screen to another monitor we can tell a person that which point people are explaining. It will improve presentation ability of this app.
- Ginger Labs, Inc.
- 248.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Ginger Labs, Inc. 2020
- ₹ 699
- In-App Purchases
- Winter ₹ 79
- Bubblegum Pack ₹ 159
- Spring ₹ 79
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.