Onion Browser is the original free and open-source Tor-powered web browser for iOS. Onion Browser helps you access the internet with more safety and privacy, and no extra cost to you.
“The best Tor-related offering on iOS right now is Onion Browser” - The Daily Dot, October 14, 2015.
Featured in: The New York Times, The Guardian, Salon, TechCrunch, Gizmodo, Boing Boing, Lifehacker, Macworld, The Daily Dot, & others.
• Browse the internet over Tor:
- Protect your privacy from website tracking
- Secure your traffic from insecure wireless networks and ISPs
- Support for HTTPS Everywhere, an automatic switch to HTTPS enabled websites
- Access .onion sites that are only accessible over Tor.
• Fight online tracking: block scripts and automatically clear cookies and tabs, based on your preferences.
• And more privacy-enhancing features!
- Web browsing is much slower than through a normal web browser or a VPN because your traffic is encrypted and relayed through the Tor network.
- Multimedia often bypass Tor and compromise your privacy; video files and video streams are blocked by default and are not supported by Onion Browser.
- Onion Browser might not work on networks with advanced network restrictions. If the app does not connect, try using bridges (or a different type of bridge), force-quit, and then restart the app.
- Use of Onion Browser is at your own risk; remember that sensitive data does not always belong on a mobile device.
** Onion Browser is free and open-source software. You can read more about Onion Browser and how to support development of Tor on iOS by visiting onionbrowser.com **
Major changes below. Full issue list can be found at https://github.com/OnionBrowser/OnionBrowser/issues and the log of code changes since 2.1.0 can be found at https://bitly.com/onionbrowser-220
* Tor updated to 0.3.5.8.
* When the app goes to background, the preview in the app switcher is now obscured. (Issue #138)
* Improved tor stop / restart behavior when going to background. Tor now completely shuts down on background and a fresh Tor launched when the app is resumed.
* FIXED: Websites with self-signed certificates may be accessed again, after warning the user of the security implications. (#111)
* FIXED: Editing bridges after first launch works again. (#121, #140)
* FIXED: Using camera to import bridges from QR code works again. (#142)
* Localizations now available in Turkish. Updated localizations for most languages
Ratings and Reviews
It is barely usable every thing goes to a captcha screen, nothing legal or not so legal is accessible through the browser which is known for its anonymity. Slow is acceptable but it must go beyond the captcha screen it barely crosses it just loops from one captcha to another
Need lots of improvements and can’t access Facebook on it
Want more fast browsing
- Mike Tigas
- 72.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Albanian, Arabic, Bengali, Breton, Catalan, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Macedonian, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Tamil, Telugu, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this application.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2012-2019 Tigas Ventures, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Small Onion Browser Tip ₹ 79
- Medium Onion Browser Tip ₹ 399
- Large Onion Browser Tip ₹ 799
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.