A powerful, simple, award-winning podcast player. Featured by the App Store as Editor's Choice and critically acclaimed by The Verge, TechCrunch, 9to5Mac, AppAdvice, and more.
And there's no big company or VC funding here — Overcast is the only major podcast app written by a single person.
The Verge: “The best podcast app for the iPhone”
9to5Mac: "Overcast is the best podcast app that I’ve ever used”
AppAdvice: "Our favorite podcast client"
Six Colors: "My podcast player of choice"
The Sweet Setup: “Overcast is our favorite”
Cult of Mac: “It’s the best podcast app out there”
TIME: “Overcast lives up to its lofty claims”
iMore: "My personal favorite"
TechCrunch: “There is no reason why you should still be using the Podcasts app over Overcast”
Overcast is a modern, fully featured audio podcast app with many useful features in a simple, intuitive interface:
- Smart Speed saves time without distorting the audio or sounding unnatural.
- Voice Boost makes every podcast the same volume with a broadcast-quality remastering engine.
- Download podcasts for playing anytime, even offline.
- Search and browse for new podcasts, plus get personalized recommendations.
- Create custom Playlists with smart filters and per-podcast priorities, and rearrange the list whenever you want.
- Receive optional notifications when new episodes arrive.
- Subscribe to a podcast, or just add an episode: try new shows without committing.
- Sleep timer automatically stops playback after any time interval you set.
- Apple Watch app with standalone playback and cellular streaming.
- CarPlay support.
And Overcast has world-class privacy, with no third-party analytics, ad services, or tracking code.
Overcast is funded by ads that promote other podcasts. If you choose to purchase Overcast Premium to hide these ads, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Current price for Overcast Premium is $9.99 USD per year, and may vary from country to country.
Proudly made in New York.
- Widgets, finally!
- New CarPlay features, including Recents, speed control, chapters, and more
- Audio-interruption fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Overcast really loves podcasts. You can tell. Everything here has clearly been the result of a lot of podcast listening, and the result is an app that does everything you want to do without unnecessary features or unnecessary fuss.
The most humble app I've ever seen
This app has all the irritating features seen in other free apps either turned off or tuned down to bare minimum. They don't even ask for a review. You literally have to go to the settings menu and give it. Functionality wise, it has more features that almost all other podcast app. The *only* thing I feel is missing is the listening stats like those available in Audible.
A feature packed update.
Love the work and effort that Marco put into the app and made sure to be ready for iOS 12 and watchOS 5. The ability to now listen to my podcasts while on my run without the watch is much appreciated. Love the redesigned now playing screen. Definitely would recommend this app for podcast enthusiasts and those just starting to explore!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Overcast Radio, LLC
- 10.9 MB
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2014–2021 Overcast Radio, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Overcast Premium ₹ 499
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.