Seeing AI is a free app that narrates the world around you. Designed for the blind and low vision community, this ongoing research project harnesses the power of AI to open up the visual world and describe nearby people, text and objects.
Optimized for use with VoiceOver, the app enables you to recognize:
• Short Text - Speaks text as soon as it appears in front of the camera.
• Documents - Provides audio guidance to capture a printed page, and recognizes the text, along with its original formatting.
• Products - Scans barcodes, using audio beeps to guide you; hear the name, and package information when available. (works with iPhone 6 and later)
• People - Saves people’s faces so you can recognize them, and get an estimate of their age, gender, and emotions.
• Scenes (early preview) - Hear an overall description of the scene captured.
• Currency - Recognizes currency notes. (Requires iOS 11)
• Color - Identifies color.
• Handwriting - Reads handwritten text like in greeting cards
• Light - Generates an audible tone corresponding to the brightness in the surroundings.
• Images in other apps - Just tap “Share” and “Recognize with Seeing AI” to describe images from Mail, Photos, Twitter, and more.
• Photo browsing experience - Describes photos on your phone
Seeing AI is built to help you achieve more by leveraging the power of the cloud and artificial intelligence. As the research progresses, more channels may be added.
Check out tutorials with this YouTube playlist: http://aka.ms/SeeingAIPlaylist
Visit http://SeeingAI.com for more details
Recently honored by American Council of the Blind, American Foundation for the Blind's Helen Keller Achievement Award, CES Asia, Mobile World Congress, FCC Chairman's Awards for Advancements in Accessibility and AppleVis Hall of Fame.
Available in 70 countries including Albania, Argentina, Australia, Bhutan, Brazil, Canada, Egypt, European Union, Ghana, Hong Kong, Iceland, India, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mexico, Nepal, New Zealand, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Sierra Leone, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, UAE, USA, UK and Zimbabwe. Gradually coming to more countries.
Supported on iPhone 5C, 5S and later; best performance with iPhone 6S, SE and later models.
Questions, feedback or feature requests? Email us at seeingai @ microsoft.com.
• A number of improvements to the World Channel based on your feedback - thank you
• Plus, various bug fixes under the hood
Ratings and Reviews
thank you for adding indian currency
Finally! Extremely happy to see that the app now supports Indian currency. This will help me and so many others around as well. This is the absolute best time to do so. We have recently got flush with new kinds of cash, including a chocolate coloured ₹10. I really appreciate the fast pace in which new features are being added to this app,.
Developer Response ,
Thank you. We appreciate the ★★★★ rating and are very pleased that you are enjoying Microsoft Seeing AI and the Rupee functionality in the Currency channel. We look forward to hearing your Feedback on how we can keep improving this app. We're always aiming for 5 stars --- Please visit www.SeeingAI.com for more information, updates, and tutorials.
App not launching
Seeing an eye is creating troubble on my phone 5s after latest application update.
OS is 10.3.
As per the compatibility guidelines, it supports 10.0 and above.
After installation app doesn't launch system returms you to home screen.
Dear developer could you give an option of integration with an external camera via Bluetooth
This way if the camera is placed on my specs then devise will able to check the image and process it in the phone or in the server and give results
Anyway it’s a brilliant application
Developer Response ,
Thank you for using Seeing AI and for your comments.--- Battery performance has been improved on the newest version of Seeing AI 2.3 but still may be affected by the app processing live images on the device to maintain responsiveness. Newer devices such as the iPhone 7 are more efficient. To conserve power you can turn off flash lighting in the Settings menu and pause announcements when you're not actively using the app.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 296.1 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.