Millions of people use Signal every day for free and instantaneous communication anywhere in the world. Send and receive high-fidelity messages, participate in HD voice/video calls, and explore a growing set of new features that help you stay connected. Signal’s advanced privacy-preserving technology is always enabled, so you can focus on sharing the moments that matter with the people who matter to you.
• Say anything – State-of-the-art end-to-end encryption (powered by the open source Signal Protocol™) keeps your conversations secure. Privacy isn’t an optional mode — it’s just the way that Signal works. Every message, every call, every time.
• Go fast – Messages are delivered quickly and reliably, even on slow networks. Signal is optimized to operate in the most constrained environment possible.
• Feel free – Signal is a completely independent 501c3 nonprofit. Development is supported by users like you. No advertisements. No trackers. No kidding.
• Be yourself – You can use your existing phone number and address book to securely communicate with your friends.
• Speak up – Whether they live across town or across the ocean, Signal’s enhanced audio and video quality will make your friends and family feel closer.
• Whisper in the shadows – Switch to the dark theme if you refuse to see the light.
• Sound familiar – Choose custom alerts for each contact, or disable noises completely. Simon & Garfunkel wrote a hit song about it in 1964, and you can experience the sound of silence whenever you want by choosing “None” as your notification ringtone.
• Picture this – Use the built-in image editing features to sketch, crop, and flip your outgoing photos. There’s even a text tool so that you can add more words to the 1,000 that your picture is already worth.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter (@signalapp) and Instagram (@signal_app) for all of the latest updates and announcements.
• Fixed some issues related to notifications
• Try out the new 'send messages' permission to restrict who can send messages in your groups. Great for organizing an event, making an announcement, or just shouting from the rooftops. All members must be on the latest version of Signal for the setting to appear.
• We know you love speed (and we don't mean the 1994 blockbuster hit starring Sandra Bullock), so sending messages is now faster than ever.
Ratings and Reviews
Thank you for being there.. being an app which is light in this dark age of internet! Hope this stays.. we all need features.. more and more features.. but the most important feature is PRIVACY! Which is only offered by you..
Most of the people in India don’t care about Privacy.. they care about features and convenience of staying on the platform which is mining their data over the more important thing - privacy. I watched several videos where YouTubers of india who has millions of followers manipulatively discouraging people not to shift to other platforms and use whatsapp.. they don’t even know what ’open source’ app is.. there are rumours forwarded by people that open source means anybody can access your data.. pathetic YouTubers!! this is disheartening! People in India has been manipulated for centuries.. and in this century of internet nothing has changed! But still thank you! Thank you for being there.. but few people will never depend on apps we can and we will shift or stop using these data mining apps..
Better than WhatsApp
Signal is a nonprofit, completely private and amazing UI/UX by the original founder of WhatsApp.
To those who say “I have nothing to hide or of value in my data” do consider that the path to world fit for a black mirror episode is paved with lazy people making convenient decisions allowing those who infringe on our personal info to prosper. Tomorrow if your kids can’t tell the difference between real news, sponsored articles and WhatsApp forwards, you would be complicit in that. 2020 gave us a tiny glimpse of what a warped mindset can achieve, the political divide that was manufactured and exploited by people who understood our most subtle beliefs based on this data mining. And the companies that allowed it to happen, had a vested financial interest in letting it happen, look at their stock value and balance sheets and trials in congress.
Before you write me off as someone with a tin foil hat, just consider which group of people would you trust to pass on your message? The ones motivated to make money, report to a board of directors and stockholders or those who have no board or shareholders and don’t aim to make any money from giving you the fundamental right to communicate with those you care about...
Please do the right (albeit harder) thing
Dear Signal Team I would like to inform that main draw back of app is we don’t know when a person is online or not so we can’t interact with that person. My suggestion is that green icon should be displayed when a person is online. It will be very easy to interact in that case. The settings of online should be switched on or off from main menu. Moreover if we don’t want a particular Person from our signal contact list to see our online status then we should be also be able to do that. Apart from this there should be feature of status which should be provided. The feature of status should be private one and there should be no provision of Everyone in this. Both these features must be provided. Regards Manish Bansal.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Signal Messenger, LLC
- 210.4 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Basque, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Burmese, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hausa, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kabyle, Kannada, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Shona, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Turkmen, Uighur, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- © Signal Foundation
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.