Talk. Chat. Collaborate.
Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- Offers In-App Purchases
Skype keeps the world talking. Say “hello” with an instant message, voice or video call, no matter what device they use Skype on. Chat with the new Bing in Skype, and get AI-powered answers, recommendations, and inspiration. Skype is available on phones, tablets, PCs, and Macs.
• Video calls – Don’t just hear the cheers, see them! Get together with 1 or 49 of your friends and family on a HD video call. Watch everyone’s smiles and cries when you tell them “We’re engaged!!!"
• Chat – Reach people instantly. Send messages to your friends, grab someone’s attention with @ mentions, or create a group chat to plan a family reunion.
• Bing in Skype – Chat with the new Bing in your individual and group chats to get AI-powered answers, right within the context of your conversations. Ask for recommendations to help make plans together and get inspired and have fun by asking Bing for ideas.
• Share – Send photos and videos with your family and friends. Save shared photos and videos to your camera roll. Share your screen to make travel plans with friends or present designs to your team.
• Voice calls – Camera shy? Make voice calls to anyone in the world on Skype. You can also call mobile and landlines at low rates.
• Express yourself – Liven up conversations with emoticons, GIFs, stickers, images from your device or web.
• SMS - Use Skype to send SMS messages to mobiles world-wide.
Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
Microsoft Account required. Bing in Skype is available via the Bing preview waitlist. To learn more and sign-up visit: https://www.bing.com/new
• Privacy and Cookies policy: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=507539
• Microsoft Services Agreement: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=530144
• EU Contract Summary: https://go.skype.com/eu.contract.summary
All permissions are optional and require consent (you can continue using Skype without granting these permissions, but certain features may not be available).
• Contacts - Skype can sync and upload your device contacts to Microsoft's servers so that you can easily find and connect with your contacts that already use Skype.
• Microphone - The microphone is needed for people to hear you during audio or video calls or for you to record audio messages.
• Camera - The camera is needed for people to see you during video calls, or for you to be able to take photos or videos whilst you’re using Skype.
• Location - You can share your location with other users or use your location to help find relevant places near you.
• Photo Library - Storage is needed to be able to store photos or to share your photos with others you may chat with.
• Notifications - Notifications allow users to know when messages or calls are received even when Skype is not actively being used.
• Siri - This allows Siri to make calls in Skype.
• Calendar - Access to the calendar is so that calls can be scheduled and added to the calendar.
• Motion Usage - Motion usage is used so that Skype can detect when your device is rotated, so that Skype can orientate the camera correctly.
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Introducing the new Bing in Skype preview experience. Chat with Bing individually or add to groups to get AI-powered answers, right within the context of your conversations.If you want to try it yourself, sign up for the Bing preview waitlist by signing into Skype or at https://www.bing.com/new
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
Visit https://go.skype.com/whatsnew for more details.
Ratings and Reviews
Native Elements!!! Finally!!!
This update is the biggest in years! Earlier, it seemed like the UI would load from a remote page and was remarkably slow! What’s worse, elements of the UI would have a delay in responding to input , which led to many “Did that go through or do I need to hit that button again” moments.
Now, the cold start time seems SO much faster, the clock through to historic calls are what you’d expect from a leading app developer and the response time between initiating a call and the call actually going through. . .fast!
Whoever is responsible for those speed improvements deserves a raise, a promotion, a month off with pay, another promotion and a nice ‘Thank You’ for working on improvements that have such a perceptible change in the usability of the app!
Hi sir i am very appreciate this application it is very usefull and great apps but i have to one request please change calling tone in subscription plan while i call someone it has not basic ringtone like whom we call someone normal that kind of ring doest ringing so we don’t understand call is going or not because i can not find it receiver phone is ringing or out of courage area.
I request to you please consider this issue and fixe it as soon as possible
Overall i give u 10 out of 10
My status changes from invisible to online whenever I login
I am super annoyed with the skype status that keeps on changing itself. I choose to remain invisible and before logging out I keep the invisible mode on but the next time I log in to skype it automatically changes the status to online. Just because I have logged in to skype doesn’t mean I wanna be seen. This was never an issue when skype had only online/offline/dnd statuses. Also, if I have ignored somebody’s calls on purpose, say I received a call and was offline and the next time around when I am online (visible/invisible) and don’t wanna call that person, it sends them a notification that I am available if they might wanna call? Why??? Why are you speaking for us? Who gave you the right? These stupid features need to go away! Fix it pls!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 116.3 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2003 - 2023 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Skype Credit ₹ 449
- United States ₹ 269
- Skype Credit ₹ 899
- India ₹ 749
- United States Skype number ₹ 689
- Skype Credit ₹ 2,199
- India ₹ 249
- World ₹ 1,249
- Canada ₹ 349
- United Kingdom Skype Number ₹ 689
Get things done within this app using just your voice.