Speak to me is a resource to assist interpreters working in healthcare settings in Ireland, and particularly in palliative care contexts. It has been developed by the COMMUNICATE YOUR HEALTH (IRELAND) partnership, which comprises the Interpreters in Palliative Care: ‘On Speaking Terms—Matters of Life and Death’ development project (funded by the Irish Hospice Foundation) and the Health Service Executive (HSE) National Social Inclusion Unit, Ireland.
The ‘On Speaking Terms—Matters of Life and Death’ development project sought to respond to some of the challenges for interpreters working in healthcare settings and, in particular, palliative care.
This App has also been developed in conjunction with the Irish Translators’ and Interpreters’ Association (ITIA)
Speak to me features:
- The Irish Translators and Interpreters Association (ITIA) - Code of Ethics for Healthcare Interpreters.
- Good practice guidelines for community interpreters in healthcare settings.
- Self-care strategies for interpreters.
- Information about the nature of palliative care and the important aspects of this model of care.
- Links to further resources for interpreting in palliative care contexts.
This App also provides details of all palliative care services in Ireland and can be used as a directional guide for each of the services listed.
- Una MacConville
- 39.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Azerbaijani, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Health Service Executive
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.