Get personalized recommendations that match your unique interests, or browse TED’s library of thousands of inspiring, informative, transformational videos for free.
Features on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch:
・Sign in to get personalized recommendations and sync videos across all your devices
・Watch videos with subtitles in over 100 languages
・Check out the newest and trending videos, browse by topic, or select from our curators’ picks
・Stream videos to your Apple TV with AirPlay
・Download videos to watch offline
・Add talks your list to watch later
・Toggle between dark mode or light modes
・Get instant inspiration with the “Surprise Me!” feature
Get the TED app to stay curious, informed and inspired.
This release includes new features, critical bug fixes and welcome improvements.
* Adds support for over 20 non-English languages in the app interface and video descriptions (where available)
* Adds the ability to change the default app language in Settings
* Allows video subtitle language to be different from the default app language
* Includes improved support for Voiceover
* Fixes a bug that prevented the app from launching in some cases
* Fixes a bug that prevented subtitle preferences from being saved across videos
* Fixes a bug that resulted in duplicate videos appearing in the watch history
* Lots of under-the-hood tweaks to improve app performance and responsiveness
As always, more improvements are on the way in the very near future. Thank you for your support!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
App worth spreading!
Cheers to the brilliant team at TED for sharing such wonderful ideas and playing a huge role in bringing the world community together.
The app is user friendly and easy to understand. Although, I’ve been having a problem as I’m unable to add the TED Ed videos to my list.
The videos are automatically removed from the list as soon as I add them. I’d request the team at TED to take a look into this and solve it as soon as possible.
Kudos to TED !
So far this impressive app has been a bliss and blessing and I haven’t had the faintest of issues while using the app. But I’d really love to see the option “download via cellular data” because for us, those on the go, we’d like that option rather than wait for a place that had Wi-Fi accessibility. Wish you guys look into this matter though. Nonetheless, this is a great app and a standing ovation for all the TED talkers !!
Developer Response ,
Hello! Thank you so much for your kind feedback. You actually can already download videos using cellular data instead of WiFi! The app defaults to "Download Only on WiFi," but you can adjust that in the app settings:
- open the app
- tap the "My TED" tab at the bottom
- tap the "gear" icon in the upper right corner
- toggle "Download Only on WiFi" to the left (off)
Now you should be able to download videos with cellular data. If you have any further trouble, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
‘Sign-in with Apple’
The app itself is a appealing art of most valuable guide to knowledge. Great work there!
Inspite of this, I won’t be creating an account because you are yet to provide ‘Sign-in with Apple’ option.
Having been made necessary to include in all apps, would you please state when is this expected to show up on our phones?
- TED Conferences LLC
- 31.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 TED Conferences, LLC
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.