Experience insightful business journalism by The Ken on this subscriber app
This official subscriber-only premium app is the best way to read our highly acclaimed business journalism. Each of our stories is original with zero ads or PR. These richly-reported, investigative pieces are written with deep analysis and data to help you understand and decode the most significant shifts happening around business, technology, startups, and more in India and Southeast Asia.
Here’s what you can do on the app:
• Get straight to reading freshly published stories every day without having to log in each time. Find great stories easily through recommendations based on editorial insight, your previous reads, and your interests
• Discover stories and connect the dots with narratives—curated collections of stories by Companies, Sectors, and Transformations—and get the bigger picture
• Read newsletters—Beyond The First Order, The Nutgraf, and Strait Up (SEA Edition Exclusive)—on the app. Written by the same journalists, analysed with the same rigour and narrated in the same style
• Make the app your own. Read in light or dark mode. Adjust font sizes and screen brightness. Save stories to read them later. Even when you're offline
• Engage in insightful conversations in our comments section with a subscriber community of CXOs and executives across sectors
Download and start reading if you're a premium subscriber of The Ken
Here’s what’s new in this release:
> Bug fixes and minor improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Intelligently told stories
I get few of the best stories from business and technology here. Storytellers are way better than average paid news media.
Only if we could search through content of stories, it would have been really awesome.
Nutgraf articles not on the app??
The app needs three things:
1. Please make the Nutgraf articles available on the app. No point having to login to the web app just for those since they’re part of the same subscription
2. A dark-mode for reading.
3. Ability to navigate back to the main screen from the search screen. Once I type something into the search bar and want to go back, I can’t because the keyboard stays on the screen. There’s no way to access the menu items at the bottom since the keyboard blocks them. This might be an iPhone only issue.
Developer Response ,
Hello! We've since improved on all the things that you wrote here. Newsletters, dark mode, search screen usability. Please try the new app and let us know if something doesn't work? You can always share your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Loving the app so far! Wanted to share some feedback:
I wish there was an option to zoom in on images, esp infographics with text - it gets a bit hard to read small font in the images.
In addition, for link ref dialogue in articles to previous work from The Ken, an option to “save for later” along with “read more” would help as it then would not break the flow :)
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kenrise Media Private Limited
- 52.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Kenrise Media Private Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.